RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #15

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Close it means the 9th week of 09 so that would be March of 2009.
Thanks

narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #16

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elatta1954 View Post
For those who do not know this (myself included up until very recently)
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and some tire manufacturers are recommending that all tires older than six years should be replaced, regardless of their condition.
Tire manufactures would like us to change them every 6 months if they could convince us to part with the money.
If that is the case than don't just shoot that out there, show us where NTSB has written it!
My transport trucks would have tires replace when legal tread wear limits were reached. Regardless of age. (Steer Tire Only Moved to the rear as required)
Anybody on this site that kept an aircraft stored outside?
I have never seen tire protection on aircraft tires and they sit in the blistering sun with no protection. From Florida to Canada.
Our FOOD has best before dates!
Throw it out, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE
THE ROCK IS GOING TO FALL!!

Now with my rant over I really don't like it when people say things without showing the source.

No Matter what we buy,eat or roll on!
COMMON SENSE SHOULD PREVAIL
When in doubt throw it out!

narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #17

when dealing with ST tires it's always a good idea to err on the side of caution. They're not known to be the most hardy of tires. I replaced mine last year at 6 years and 11,500 miles on the 5er because I was starting to get nervous towing with them. The problem I have is not the flat tire.....I can change that without too much issue....it's the damage a blow out does to the side of a trailer.

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/events/Doc...el_4b_Kane.pdf
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
when dealing with ST tires it's always a good idea to err on the side of caution. They're not known to be the most hardy of tires. I replaced mine last year at 6 years and 11,500 miles on the 5er because I was starting to get nervous towing with them. The problem I have is not the flat tire.....I can change that without too much issue....it's the damage a blow out does to the side of a trailer.

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/events/Doc...el_4b_Kane.pdf
Thanks for posting that information.

WWR

wwron is offline   Reply With Quote