Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
I wonder why anone would ask advice on tires on this forum becaus it jsut starts another argument and people don't pay attention to whatis said, otherwise they would'nt ask. You can go to about 20 different forums on tires. Here's what I have to say on the matter. "Here's an Archie Bunker Bronx Salute!"

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I wonder why anone would ask advice on tires on this forum becaus it jsut starts another argument and people don't pay attention to whatis said, otherwise they would'nt ask. You can go to about 20 different forums on tires. Here's what I have to say on the matter. "Here's an Archie Bunker Bronx Salute!"
Wow thanks for the help. Why would you bother even typing that?

Anyway.... I have a tire shop that will install any tire I buy. Anyone running 19.5 hankooks?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #31

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Well, the OP did specifically ask for opinions on Hercules tires and by now, he's probably got a fix on whether or not he's going to buy them or a high priced name brand. Testimony from present or past owners is most likely what he's looking for and I have already given my opinion with actually running them on our coach all around the country. There shouldn't be any argument with asking for reviews on a particular product, except with those who have nothing whatsoever to offer along those lines.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Well, the OP did specifically ask for opinions on Hercules tires and by now, he's probably got a fix on whether or not he's going to buy them or a high priced name brand. Testimony from present or past owners is most likely what he's looking for and I have already given my opinion with actually running them on our coach all around the country. There shouldn't be any argument with asking for reviews on a particular product, except with those who have nothing whatsoever to offer along those lines.
I had the same opinion. He asked for advice on Hercules and got information on Michelins. He asked for Hercules, not Michelins.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #33

Tires

I had 4 goodyears blow out in 5 years. All with less than 45,000 miles and all less than 8 years old. On sidewall cracks. Last one 38,000 on coach we had just purchased. Went to local dealer and he told me he has put Hercules on RVs for years with no problems. I replaced ALL my tires with them. Few thousand miles on them and so far really like them. My two cents worth
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
I had 4 goodyears blow out in 5 years. All with less than 45,000 miles and all less than 8 years old. On sidewall cracks. Last one 38,000 on coach we had just purchased. Went to local dealer and he told me he has put Hercules on RVs for years with no problems. I replaced ALL my tires with them. Few thousand miles on them and so far really like them. My two cents worth
Good testimony and have found that the people most critical of low priced tires that are not of the famous brand names, have never run such on their own rigs.
As for blowouts with any brand, I'm of the opinion that it's caused by low tire pressures, saving a road hazard of course and think the biggest mistake is made by either winging it or using a tire inflation chart in trying to make it exact, using whatever tire gauge one might have on hand and not allowing for any variables. As I've said many times, I always add a 10 - 15psi cushion for this short list of variables.
Tire gauge inaccuracy...
Changes in ambient temps...
Possible slow leaks before they're caught...
Differences in side to side and shifting weight...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Well after spending days researching tires I purchased XRV Michelin tires for 408 each. Felt I would enjoy the ride and the anti age compound for 10 years vs the extra 900 bucks in my pocket and Hankooks all around. Also ordered duallyvalves and their balancing beads. Looking forward to spring!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Excellent buy for michies.

And to think we had some complaints here about commenting on other tire brands.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
I'm hopping in here kinda late. But it doesn't seem to matter what tire you buy. If you ask enough folks you'll find all brands are good and bad. On a previous moho (in 2007) I had to replace all six of the Michelins due to sidewall cracking. They were only three years old, less then half the tread used. Tires were kept covered and excercised (driven often). On the plus side Michelin warranty was good and my cost was $500 (my share), for six brand new tires, mounted and balanced.

Like me, for anyone reading up on Hercules, or any other tire. Since it's now 2017, the prices are way above what's been mentioned in these older posts. In my case I'm looking for 295/80R-22.5 load H tires for my diesel coach. For the Hercules H-601, $340.00 ea. including FET, not including mount/balance. By the way Goodyear G670 RV this size go for $760. At least down here in Florida.

Point made, Good ole Michelins have their problems too.

Just sayin'
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
I'm hopping in here kinda late. But it doesn't seem to matter what tire you buy. If you ask enough folks you'll find all brands are good and bad. On a previous moho (in 2007) I had to replace all six of the Michelins due to sidewall cracking. They were only three years old, less then half the tread used. Tires were kept covered and excercised (driven often). On the plus side Michelin warranty was good and my cost was $500 (my share), for six brand new tires, mounted and balanced.

Like me, for anyone reading up on Hercules, or any other tire. Since it's now 2017, the prices are way above what's been mentioned in these older posts. In my case I'm looking for 295/80R-22.5 load H tires for my diesel coach. For the Hercules H-601, $340.00 ea. including FET, not including mount/balance. By the way Goodyear G670 RV this size go for $760. At least down here in Florida.

Point made, Good ole Michelins have their problems too.

Just sayin'
Maybe not as late as you think, since I didn't even have this coach on the date of the post, I made above.
As for he Hercules, so far, so good and have had experience with them before.