Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Hercules tires

I'm looking for new tires(6) 245 70R 19.5, and was quoted a price on this brand which I have never heard of. The seller says that they have had very good luck with them and they are about $500 less than the Hankooks. Around 1900 for the hankooks and 1400 for the hercules. That price is out the door.
Thanks for any info, good or bad.
Bob

Bob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
By any chance have you checked the date codes on them?

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #3

Why the heck do you want to buy an odd ball brand tire? I'd stick with Goodyear or Michelin. They make tires designed for RVs
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob King View Post
I'm looking for new tires(6) 245 70R 19.5, and was quoted a price on this brand which I have never heard of. The seller says that they have had very good luck with them and they are about $500 less than the Hankooks. Around 1900 for the hankooks and 1400 for the hercules. That price is out the door.
Thanks for any info, good or bad.
Bob
I see the Hercules tires on a lot of work trucks. I believe they are a Chinise brand.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymac View Post
Why the heck do you want to buy an odd ball brand tire? I'd stick with Goodyear or Michelin. They make tires designed for RVs
perhaps because there is a thread several weeks down where a few of us show our GYs with blowouts, me included and that was with proper PSI based on my weighted rig. Only tire around to replace my GY was a Herc and it is doing well. In fact 2 other GYs have signs of separation. I hope to head to the nearest GY dealer this weekend and either get them warranted or pull them off and use as spares while my Hercs get me down the road.

Im never going back to GY RV tires.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #6

Leonsrocketcar:

Perhaps I was a little abrupt. All I meant to imply was that GY and Michelin RV tires are made for RVs. They are suppost to give a better ride. When I bought my Fleetwood Fiesta it came with General tires which were just budget tires made for trucks. They were not made to give a smooth ride. About 4 years ago, I replaced all 6 tires with Michelin XRVs. When I picked it up from Camping World and drove it home I was shocked. It rode like the tires were made of steel. When I checked the air pressure I found that the pressure varied from 95# to 105#. The info on the tire indicated 95# max. God bless Camping World!!! After I adjusted the pressure the MH did indeed ride better that when the General tires were on it. I have been a Michelin fan for many years. Our 2 cars also have Michelins on them.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #7

The Hercules is a Chinese tire. With quality concerns with Chinese products I did not want to put my family and others at risk with this tire.

85Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote