Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #1

Hercules Tires - Any recent experiences?

I've just read some old comments on Hercules tires. I'm inclined to give them a try but just thought I'd see if there are any recent comments.

I am replacing my Mich XZE 235/80R 22.5....all 6.

I was just told by one of my local tires shops that the Hercules 902, described as 255/70R 22.5, is a good replacement for the Michelins. The quote for 6, mounted and balanced...$1856.34.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #2

I've read good things about their SUV tires, no clue on RV size tires. 😜 Let us know how it works out...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜

Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Have them on our 40 pusher. No regrets I'll put them on again
Old 08-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #4

Can you tell me what they replaced and what, if any, difference you noticed in the ride?
Old 08-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimzhr View Post
Can you tell me what they replaced and what, if any, difference you noticed in the ride?
We have 295/75r 22.5. We have a 2006 endeavor paq. These tires came when we bought the coach. We have put on 2500 miles. They handle great no riveting no cracks. They have a 2012 dot code so they have been on the coach prior to our purchase.

Wendell
Old 08-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #6

Thanks Wengayle!
Old 08-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #7

Tires

I have 6 of them on our 45'. 8000 miles and love them. Had five goodyears blow out on other coaches. Front tires always wore outside thread uneven on goodyears. Will buy Hercules again.

Safe travels
Old 08-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #8

I also have an estimate from Les Schwab for Toyo245/75R 5/14 M-154 Highway Tire...balanced and mounted $2263.44. Is the Toyo a better choice for the extra $400?
Old 08-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Jim, for me --and I think for many on this forum-- the extra $400 is well worth the money for Toyos. Toyo has one of the best reputations in ranking ...right up there with Michelin in a lot of studies and comparisons in the trucking publications.

Also, read through the "Features" of the M154 if you haven't already done so ...granted, it's from their own website but still, lots of features at prices well below what you'd pay for a comparable Michellin in the same size (click here for the complete webpage):

Quote:
Maximum Removal Miles

• E-balance provides optimum footprint wear to increase mileage performance.
  • Wide five-rib pattern with a solid outer rib and optimized tread depth combine for long, even wear.
  • Special cap and base tread compound extends tire life by reducing heat buildup and resisting wear.

Maximum Fuel Efficiency

• Low-rolling-resistance construction minimizes fuel consumption and qualifies it as a SmartWay-verified steer tire.

Excellent Performance and Safety

• Computer-optimized tread design with four straight grooves, deep sipes, and multi-pitch grooves provides enhanced wet and dry traction while also reducing road noise.

Excellent Profile Retention

• e-balance improves profile retention by reducing strain at the belt and ply turn-up edges

Maximum Retreadability and Casing Durability

• E-balance profile minimizes growth of the tread profile and maintains uniform and flatter tread radius for the entire life of the casing.
  • High-elongation top belt protects casing integrity.
  • High-tensile, open-cord construction keeps moisture and oxygen from entering the cord bundle to combat corrosion.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #10

That seems like a screaming deal on Toyos! They're a very highly regarded brand. Are they $400 better than Hercules? Well, I do know that Toyo offers a much better warranty than I've ever seen on Hercules and Les Schwab dealers are everywhere in the West, so for that reason alone they may well be worth it.

Whichever one you buy, take care of them and they'll treat you well!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
That seems like a screaming deal on Toyos! They're a very highly regarded brand. Are they $400 better than Hercules? Well, I do know that Toyo offers a much better warranty than I've ever seen on Hercules and Les Schwab dealers are everywhere in the West, so for that reason alone they may well be worth it.

Whichever one you buy, take care of them and they'll treat you well!
I agree that Toyos are great tires and if you in the west you cannot beat the service from Les Schwab. That being said. I like the Hercules and would not be afraid to put them on again. Both are good choices .
Old 08-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #12

I was not impressed with the shop that offered the Hercules though I was not particularly averse to Hercules based on all good comments. I decided to spend the extra $400 and go with Les Schwab and the Toyo saving some $$ but not going with the least expensive option. They'll be installed on Thursday.

I travel nationwide and not just in the West but expect that Toyo dealers will be more numerous than Hercules if I do have a problem. I don't expect problems though. Now thinking seriously about a good TPMS to go with the new tires. Thanks again to all who provided input!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #13

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengayle View Post
I agree that Toyos are great tires and if you in the west you cannot beat the service from Les Schwab. That being said. I like the Hercules and would not be afraid to put them on again. Both are good choices .
I can almost hear the cringing being emitted by the Michelin disciples and surprised we haven't heard from them, thus far with about how you all are putting your families in grave danger, by riding on anything other than these pillars of superior engineering.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
I can almost hear the cringing being emitted by the Michelin disciples and surprised we haven't heard from them, thus far with about how you all are putting your families in grave danger, by riding on anything other than these pillars of superior engineering.
After using Michelin for over 50 years, I am certainly an strong advocate of the CONSISTENT quality of that product. If maintained properly they will give you superior safety & longivity thruout their 10 year life.
It's one of the oldest and greatest forms of flattery when people take potshots at the best of anything on the market.

Tags
tires