Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #15

I love my 2005 Panther. Has all the bells and whistles I want but I am not afraid to bring in the sand and dirt!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
That was my point. For less than the price of a Phaeton you could have a million dollar coach.
Bill
WILDEBILL308
IMO any a coach one can buy for LESS than a million dollars is not, (and will never be), a "million dollar coach".

Old 05-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #17

Really hard to believe that some have this kind of money to spend. I'm impressed!!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #18

Some of the attitudes here amuse me to no end. We get it, you can't afford one. Neither can I. I don't denigrate them though. I don't see them as "useless", "museums" etc. I wouldn't be afraid to use one any different than how I use my current rig. I certainly don't bring in the "sand, dirt, water, fish scales, etc" into my rig now. Keep that crap outside. I don't care if my rig is 800k or just 80k, there's no excuse to abuse it. Leave the mess outside. Beyond that, I'd imagine the higher quality materials in the Newells would hold up better to the abuse as well. Just as my Travel Supreme seems to be holding up better than my old Winny did.

One thing to bear in mind too, people who can afford these are in a whole other financial league. We have to save and finance for our rigs, people paying over a million for a rig can often just pay it. It's like us mere mortals who finance our new cars while others can walk into a dealer and drop a few hundred thousand for a new sports car. It's a whole different level that can often be difficult to comprehend from the outside.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've never been "lucky" but the DW did put money away in a profit sharing account every month, plus we each have a retirement plus a better than normal SS return. All that together does allow us some leeway in our spending. We worked for more than 30 years so it's time t enjoy it. Now if the DW gets her liver transplant (liver cancer from diabetes) and I don't have cancer myself (more info from DR. tomorrow) we'll be just fine
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mr_D our thoughts and good wishes are with you.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #21
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunEBear View Post
Mr_D our thoughts and good wishes are with you.
X2 Mr_D, we're all praying and pullin' for you both. That Magna is waitin' on ya.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #22

Yes, even at a paltry $188,888 that '07 Newmar Essex makes me drool!

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Some of these units do have some eye appeal. However they are like a super model. Extremely nice to look at but useless for anything else.
I'd rather have a gal who can cook, clean and can carry on an intelligent conversation. She'd be a whole less $ to maintain too. No fancy over engineered parts
That is exactly why I bought an entry level basic MH which meets my needs. I have no interest in living in a museum. I spend more time using it than working on it.
Lynn
My wife is a supermodel and she cooks and works with the best of them, now if i can only figure out how to get her to see this. LOL
Old 05-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I wish they would sell this one. Seriously if you wanted to get into a hi end coach this is a steal. Look at the pictures.
2006 Newell Coach Newell 45' Priced at $ 389500
They have already dropped the price to $274,500 and haven't started to deal yet.
Bill
Love it... could I put $20 bucks down and make 50 years payment?

Ha ha ha
Old 05-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
WILDEBILL308
IMO any a coach one can buy for LESS than a million dollars is not, (and will never be), a "million dollar coach".
That statement is LAME. I can't figure out how you could come up with such a lame statement. That is as lame as the guy a while back who bragged" I only pay full retail that way I know I am getting my money's worth" .
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We've never been "lucky" but the DW did put money away in a profit sharing account every month, plus we each have a retirement plus a better than normal SS return. All that together does allow us some leeway in our spending. We worked for more than 30 years so it's time t enjoy it. Now if the DW gets her liver transplant (liver cancer from diabetes) and I don't have cancer myself (more info from DR. tomorrow) we'll be just fine
Mr. D, as you know, cancer occurs in the lucky and the unlucky at the same rate. I've had three melanomas plus all the others kinds of skin cancer over the last 20 years. I'm thinking I should rent myself to the dermatologists as a training aid.

I see we also share the same level of affiliation in the organizations in your signature.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Mr. D, as you know, cancer occurs in the lucky and the unlucky at the same rate. I've had three melanomas plus all the others kinds of skin cancer over the last 20 years. I'm thinking I should rent myself to the dermatologists as a training aid.

I see we also share the same level of affiliation in the organizations in your signature.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife!
Agree with you AND Mr D! When you live by the "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth", there's no such thing as luck. Prayers for both you and the Mrs. Mr. D.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #28
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Agree with you AND Mr D! When you live by the "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth", there's no such thing as luck. Prayers for both you and the Mrs. Mr. D.

10-4 and X2