Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #1

Hershey Show Report?

Looking to members to see how Hershey looks this year?

Worth the effort?

Pictures?

Anyone there?

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #2

The show opens to the public tommorrow and for my first time attending, it appears the grounds are packed with RV's of all makes and models. Of course, I can't get in to see the preparations going on inside the large arena.

I'm staying in the Hershey Park Camping Resort with a number of vendors and some are telling me that the recent hurricanes in the south MIGHT have caused some vendors from those areas to cancel....and understandably so.

From what I've been told, there is a meeting today for the dealers and vendors, so I'll report back on what I hear later this evening going around the campground.

After my first day tommorrow, I'll give you my impressions of the show as a first-time attendee since you asked.

Reporting live from the Hershey Park Camping Resort, this is toribk for "Eyemissedthis News"
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Good, i am heading there Friday. looking forward to your report.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We will be first-timers too this year. Currently plan to be on-site Thursday and Friday with a swing over to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square on Saturday. Couldn't get into the Hershey Campground, so we are staying at Hersey/Elizabethtown KOA. We love RV shows and are ready for some long days of walking. Hope the weather cooperates and will check back for your next report!
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
We will be first-timers too this year. Currently plan to be on-site Thursday and Friday with a swing over to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square on Saturday. Couldn't get into the Hershey Campground, so we are staying at Hersey/Elizabethtown KOA. We love RV shows and are ready for some long days of walking. Hope the weather cooperates and will check back for your next report!
Advise to First timers - Really GOOD Shoes/Boots - it is big and not anything is where you/(I) think it should be. Even if you plan your walking route It Will Wear You Out!

Take a Camera - Extra Battery - Extra Memory - Take 1,000's of pictures - you will still wish you took more - Bring your Backpack to fill up with Info, easier to carry than a Bag - Ask for the Brochures - Bring Water - Sit in the units you are looking at, listen to what others are asking, try to locate the Factory Rep to answer your Questions. Sit in the unit and Imagine living in the Space, some for a day some for a week some for full time, Do what you would do, see if it really works.

Best Time is early on the first day - Before everyone is just exhausted and ready to Leave. Still have info and everyone is fresh, just works well.

IMHO, you can always get a better deal Later.

Enjoy the show and report back,

Personal - observations that would make the show Better for the Buyer (But the show could care less) would be to divide it into similar units - Motorized - Trailered - 5th wheel - it is Just really Spread out and Nothing is Close to the next unit you want to see/compare. IMHO - this day is similar to hiking to the top of a 14'er in Colorado - it's a long way up and even when you are going down it's a Long Way back to the car. Enjoy - hope this helps out the first timer.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I'm heading down there in a few hours. I will be boon docking there $30 a night. That is with out any hookups. It works for us. We have been going to this RV show for years. You won't be sorry if you go.
ScottsJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hershey is a great show. Almost everything you want to see will be there. Vendors usually have good pricing on the goods.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #8

heading out Saturday to look at some specific brands only ...unfortunately they appear spread out ..definitely taking a back pack and water...parking worries me big time so trying to get there early...interesting side note MD show same day and sent out an email MD dealers will beat any Hersey show price..LOL
masdixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Md dealers not allowed at Hershey show
They do that every year
techdad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdad55 View Post
Md dealers not allowed at Hershey show
They do that every year
None and I mean NONE of the Maryland dealers are worth a crap, so don't worry your not missing anything not doing business with them.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribk View Post
The show opens to the public tommorrow and for my first time attending, it appears the grounds are packed with RV's of all makes and models. Of course, I can't get in to see the preparations going on inside the large arena.

I'm staying in the Hershey Park Camping Resort with a number of vendors and some are telling me that the recent hurricanes in the south MIGHT have caused some vendors from those areas to cancel....and understandably so.

From what I've been told, there is a meeting today for the dealers and vendors, so I'll report back on what I hear later this evening going around the campground.

After my first day tommorrow, I'll give you my impressions of the show as a first-time attendee since you asked.

Reporting live from the Hershey Park Camping Resort, this is toribk for "Eyemissedthis News"
Love it!

"Reporting live from the Hershey Park Camping Resort, this is toribk for "Eyemissedthis News"
Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Overcast and spotty rain today. Show was great! We didn't look at everything there, just wanted to checkout 5ers. Lots of vendors good classes to attend. We had tickets so we didn't have to wait in line. By opening time there had to be at least 200 people in line. Great show!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #13

Georgie Boy Owners Club
I just set up camp 15 minutes from the show. Going there Thu and Fri. Excited to be here.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #14

We were at the show today, small crowd for a large show.Light rain early, but stopped in the afternoon.They say the weather will get better as the week goes.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote