Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #29

When asked to borrow ours I tell them that our insurance only covers the wife & I as drivers.
I have also been asked to rent it out. Only problem is no one can come up with the $250,000.00 deposit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #30

Wow, can't believe so many non loaners. I would let my grown "kids" and their families borrow any thing they want. It's only stuff.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #31

We had our new to us 05 travel supreme 2 weeks, had it detailed, 6 new tires (3900.00) and DW's son -in law wants to use it for the weekend. She is conflicted, so I tell her I'll take care of it. I tell him the tires are 425.00 each the polished rims are 300.00 each,road service will be about 300.00 to change a tire. Replacement of each compartment door would be about 1000.00 each. He says you do have insurance? I tell him if he has that kind of money on him, he can use it, we would not be using insurance to cover his damages. Never asked again and never caused a problem.
DreamBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
My kids and grandkids are lucky if I even let them inside for a drink. Kids can and will destroy a crowbar.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
"Are you insane?? This is not a '94 geo metro. YOu can't just jump in and go. THis is 40 feet long and 40,000 pounds and full of systems that take weeks and months of study to learn to use. And it's pretty fragile, suprisingly so!. It will kill you and many more if you don't know what you're doing. And, if you've never driven one, believe me, you don't know what you're doing. Put down the crack pipe."
Well let's see if I'm insane. Our son was operating a tractor with six bottom plow at age 14. He drove our tandem grain and potato trucks when he wasn't operating the potato harvester at age 20. He has operated our Peterbilt crane trucks with 10 speed transmissions, plus all of the other heavy equipment associated with our businesses and our flat bed semi before we sold it. Before he set foot into our motorhome, he was probably more qualified to drive it than 90% of the first time buyers on this forum. He does blame me for one thing though. If I hadn't given him a chance to try the RV life, he and his wife wouldn't have just bought a new 45' Mountain Aire coach of their own. He says it's all my fault.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Just a nice straight forward NO. Any further explanation on your part is not required.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Hurricane1 Send a message via MSN to Hurricane1 Send a message via Yahoo to Hurricane1
I don't loan my motor home to anyone. RVs are not built like a brick and mortar house and people not accustomed to an rv do not know how to respect this fact.
Hurricane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane1 View Post
I don't loan my motor home to anyone. RVs are not built like a brick and mortar house and people not accustomed to an rv do not know how to respect this fact.
Exactly! Compared to other vehicles on the road, they are the most fragile.

I've loaned my cars with no problem. But an RV is a different story.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #37

How about El Monte RV... or another rental company... there are quite a few of them across the USA that rent MH's and TT... they can pick the one they like, pay for the rental and any damage that is done while they are using it.. My answer would be the same if someone asked to use our cars or trucks ... there are people in the business that do that....
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa1 View Post
Wow, can't believe so many non loaners. I would let my grown "kids" and their families borrow any thing they want. It's only stuff.
It must depend on the kid. I guess we are blessed with responsible kids!
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you let anyone borrow then everyone will ask, it's easier to just say no to everyone. That's what I would tell him.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Real friends don't ask.
Exactly
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #41

Well, at least now I have an idea what will happen to me when I am old enough to retire. Looks like I will get untrusting, even with my family.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
My kids and grandkids are lucky if I even let them inside for a drink. Kids can and will destroy a crowbar.
...I have now have a completion date for my factory ordered NeXas Bentley DP though it has not been long since I owned a new Lance camper. I introduced it to my son and grandkids and the very first they did was use the couch as a trampoline and all my son could do was smile.....I had to take action.....yes its just stuff but its my stuff and I paid good money for it....however its not the money....its just they don't want to even try to take the same care as I taught them and thats very disappointing....so no, they can't borrow it but they can go out with me.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote