Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #15

Harry...Harry,

It warms my heart to know that you've always shown so much love, affection and—support—for our 4 legged friends throughout all your posts and your obvious passion for the planet by doing everything you can to salvage the remaining owls, seals, whales, polar bears, endangered fish, spotted owl, a multitude of other animal warm blooded animals and our forests in general...just to name few. But what really makes no sense to me Harry, is why, why haven't you become an irv2 supporter to also show your devotion and—support—to this RV community in general after all your hundreds of posts? Are animals more important to you Harry? How about trees? Fish? Deep down in the bowels of your heart Harry, (this is where you search your soul) "is the RV community just another public forum that you feel you have a right to come and just feed in the informational trough"? Hmmmmm! Is it? It doesn't make sense Harry. It just doesn't make sense.

I'll let others handle the tire valve stem issue but I still love your wood ceilings. BTW...I've nick named your MH "the Beav" when I talk about you in other circles.

Boy I had fun writing this post. Love you Harry.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
I purchased replacement valve stems from here.
Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis
Not sure what type wheels are on your rig so cannot offer specifics. Tried looking them up on the old Prevost and seen several variations.

On my rears the outer wheel has a stem that runs parallel with the tire.
On the inner I have a long one piece valve stem that goes through the outer wheel and easily accessed. All have TPMS sensors on them. Upper right of wheel is inner stem poking through.
Attachment 162903
Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #17

Hey Marjoa,

I'm glad you got all that out, all that pent up emotion isn't good for you. And WoW, I didn't even know there were so many animals, fish and wildlife in general not to like!

Some months ago someone told me, maybe it was you, that you could donate to the forum which I did not know. I went to donate that very day and PayPal was the only way to do so. I sent a message to the forum saying I want to donate through my own card and let me know how to do that. I never heard back! If you can tell me how to do that I'm all in...

Harry aka "The Beav"
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:53 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the TST system. I don't know if this is the same for other systems, but with TST, the sensor battery is being used whenever the sensor is attached to the tire. When traveling, I leave the sensors on all the time, but when I get home, I take them off.

I have the non-flow thru sensor. I removed the "theft lock" by just removing the 4 screws holding the cap. This makes it much easier to put the sensor on.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:56 AM   #19

On my coach, I simply loosened the nut that holds the valve stem to the aluminum wheel and rotated the valve so it is running parallel to the wheel and retighten the nut. So easy to do I could probably train one of our cats to do it!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:06 AM   #20

I'll have to see if I can turn mine. I'll check that today and thank you for the tip!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #21

On other past forum post some owners have commented that because of the length of the stem used, the end would hit the aluminum and they couldn't rotate it all the way around. One owner had to let the air out of the tire and push the valve in a bit to get it to clear the wheel.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
On my coach, I simply loosened the nut that holds the valve stem to the aluminum wheel and rotated the valve so it is running parallel to the wheel and retighten the nut. So easy to do I could probably train one of our cats to do it!
Same here, took maybe 3 minutes
Old 05-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey, the valve stem points into the wheel... Really?

I solved this problem by installing Dually valve stems when we put on new tires, but you can install them anytime. Much, much better than any extensions. I tried a few types of extensions previously but they usually leaked.
bcovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is how I did it and I absolutely love it!

dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Harry...Harry,

It warms my heart to know that you've always shown so much love, affection and—support—for our 4 legged friends throughout all your posts and your obvious passion for the planet by doing everything you can to salvage the remaining owls, seals, whales, polar bears, endangered fish, spotted owl, a multitude of other animal warm blooded animals and our forests in general...just to name few. But what really makes no sense to me Harry, is why, why haven't you become an irv2 supporter to also show your devotion and—support—to this RV community in general after all your hundreds of posts? Are animals more important to you Harry? How about trees? Fish? Deep down in the bowels of your heart Harry, (this is where you search your soul) "is the RV community just another public forum that you feel you have a right to come and just feed in the informational trough"? Hmmmmm! Is it? It doesn't make sense Harry. It just doesn't make sense.

I'll let others handle the tire valve stem issue but I still love your wood ceilings. BTW...I've nick named your MH "the Beav" when I talk about you in other circles.

Boy I had fun writing this post. Love you Harry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hey Marjoa,

I'm glad you got all that out, all that pent up emotion isn't good for you. And WoW, I didn't even know there were so many animals, fish and wildlife in general not to like!

Some months ago someone told me, maybe it was you, that you could donate to the forum which I did not know. I went to donate that very day and PayPal was the only way to do so. I sent a message to the forum saying I want to donate through my own card and let me know how to do that. I never heard back! If you can tell me how to do that I'm all in...

Harry aka "The Beav"
Harry,

No that wasn't me and it sounds like you didn't get my "tongue-in-cheek" humor". I have always enjoyed posts that—pick on you—of sorts and I thought I'd take your post to the nth degree by calling you out the way I did. I actually was laughing the entire time I wrote my post. Not pent up at all, but I can see how you (or maybe others) may have thought I was if read wrong. People that know me, when we get together, we laugh our butts off all the time going back and forth like this. But on the web, nobody really "knows" me and therefore unfortunately, absurd humor many times doesn't come across well on the internet. I think I missed judged your playfulness. I have also noticed that—life in general—many people's humor slowly disappears as they get older. I'm 65 and try to keep mine in tack with constant practice. This forum is probably not the place for me to play with words. Or as Joe Friday always said, "stick with the facts Martin, just the facts".
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
This is how I did it and I absolutely love it!

Those crossfires are very nice - I'll have to get some for the rears. What a great idea, especially with TPMS.

Thanks for posting this.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Pacific dailies 180 degrees value stem extenders , use a little lock tight (red) putting them on.
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
dogs have owners, cats have servants
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote