Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #71

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tooo painful,

Not to many comment from north of the Canadian border,
much to painful I guess and at $1.35'9 and an 89 cent dollar I feel the pain too when I fill up the 150 GLN. tank on our Eagle that means over $5.11 US. If I figured it out right!

Hence I don't waste any money on additives that I don't have a reason for using.
when I run into a problem I will find a solution, in the mean time I keep my tank full, my filters clean and and the system maintained!

When it comes to saving a buck, you bet I use Gas Buddy and spend enough time to make sure the extra miles are worth it!

But when all is said and done when it is time to go, WHER'E GOING MAN!!!!!!! come hell or high water, or high fuel prices!

Regards,
Ed

2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why diesel is .18cents per litre more expensive than regular gas....there was a time when it was a lot cheaper. I guess maybe because of all the diesel cars on the road, or maybe it's heating oil season, or driving season or just because they can. With oil down to $80, funny relative the price at the pump hasn't come down.
TAXES TAXES TAXES !!!!!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #73

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Here in NE. Ohio diesel is running $1 to $1.10 above regular gas. Regular ($2.79-$2.89) Diesel ($3.79-$3.89). The further south you go in Ohio the cheaper the prices.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If anyone saw 60 minutes last night, it's inevitable that they will increase the Fed tax on fuel 10 cents. Thousands of Bridges in state of disrepair. Fed tax is now 18 cents per gallon, been that way since 1993.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #75

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Many states are now close to raise their state gas taxes. Some states are proposing a series multi year increases. Some in the neighbor of 40 cents a gallon increase.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #76

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First: Wal*mart savings depend on how Wal*mart if feeling, For Gasoline it is always at least 3 per gallon but from time to time they boost it to 10 Fill up the gift card in the store fill up the tank from the card.

They also have a "Money" card that saves you 15 (or I should say Up to) but the cost to use that card eats most of the savings.

Some grocery stories (Kroger, Bi-Lo, Ingles, More) have Loyality cards that get you cents off based on how much food you buy.... I'll be using one to donate with later this week, that's going really rack up the points.

And there is GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada Click on the Diesel tab and the "Low price" drop down and you will find the lowest price near you.

CAUTION: though, some stations the price posted with be "With card" (membership/discount/Grocery) so check the fine print on the sign when you get close. Gas Buddy is member provided info.. As I travel I can log in and say "Gasoline here is 2.99/gallon" at the __Brand name__ station,, And they record it

The listings show things like 2.99 Reported by Joe, 3 hours ago.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why diesel is .18cents per litre more expensive than regular gas....there was a time when it was a lot cheaper. I guess maybe because of all the diesel cars on the road, or maybe it's heating oil season, or driving season or just because they can. With oil down to $80, funny relative the price at the pump hasn't come down.
EPA! EPA! EPA!!! Saving the air!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
EPA! EPA! EPA!!! Saving the air!
Do you think cleaner air is a bad thing?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #79

Alpine Owners Club
California is also talking about another gasoline tax for residents. Because newer vehicles are getting better MPG and the State is collecting less taxes they now want to charge owners a per mile gas tax. So all vehicle owners including Hybrid & Electric vehicles owners can pay higher gas taxes.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #80

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
If anyone saw 60 minutes last night, it's inevitable that they will increase the Fed tax on fuel 10 cents. Thousands of Bridges in state of disrepair. Fed tax is now 18 cents per gallon, been that way since 1993.
I saw it as well and welcome a increase IF all of the tax money went to new road surfaces and new bridges.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #81

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
I saw it as well and welcome a increase IF all of the tax money went to new road surfaces and new bridges.
Money from the Federal Highway Trust Fund is held in a separate account and is only used for highway construction in the States.

However, with increased fuel efficiency and fewer miles being driven by average Americans, the shortfall in funding may continue even if the tax is raised. The following graph is from this article: http://www.businessweek.com/articles...way-trust-fund

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post

Money from the Federal Highway Trust Fund is held in a separate account and is only used for highway construction in the States.
It's in a 'lock box', right?

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #83

Yep, it's catch 22. Our electric company is seeking a rate increase because consumers are cutting back on consumption. Weird, they give us incentives to cut back and then raise rates to make up for the incentives. So we're paying more for less.The result is they make a larger profit percentage and we pay the same (or more). Who loses? We do.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
Not only that they are paying themselves handsomely.

I read last week that TVA had planned to give out huge bonuses, averaging $11K per employee, while they still have a $4.6B pension deficit. The CEO of TVA made +$5M last year, he was the highest paid government official.

They do this while they increase rates. Something is not right with this picture.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel