Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
Do you think cleaner air is a bad thing?
Way off topic the way this is stated. A better observation, in my opinion, is that cars and trucks are running more efficiently than when I was a kid. Fooling with the fuel has only been a small part of it. The way the engine systems are now designed is the major cause of better exhaust emissions.

Gasohol and biodiesel are advertizing gimmicks, simply covers for more government regulations. These fuels do nothing for the environment or fuel economy and rob land and diesel that can be used to produce food.

Taxes are a part of what we need to pay to support the road system we have the privilege to travel. If the purpose of the tax fall short you can bet it is because someone (or many) got more than their fair share.

Fuel is what we all need to enjoy this life style, on the road or in the home. I hope the powers to be are not so dumb that they would rob us of the very money that supports all of the markets that keep this economy going. That is greed in self destruct.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Way off topic the way this is stated.
Yep. As if all the RV's in the US make a significant difference. Kinda like regulating lawn mowers and motorcycles and weed wackers. I wish we could regulate the carbon emissions of our government regulators.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #87

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Yep, it's catch 22. Our electric company is seeking a rate increase because consumers are cutting back on consumption. Weird, they give us incentives to cut back and then raise rates to make up for the incentives. So we're paying more for less.The result is they make a larger profit percentage and we pay the same (or more). Who loses? We do.

Pretty good racket, huh ?
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I hope the powers to be are not so dumb that they would rob us of the very money that supports all of the markets that keep this economy going. That is greed in self destruct.
Government dumb ?? Naahhhh

Just listen to Mr. Grubers' opinion of Americans when he was taking about O'Care.......We're all dumb, not them.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #89

Diesel here today $3.17
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cheap...here in B.C. (Bring Cash) Adjusted to USD and US Gallon=$4.514
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel