Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #1

High Miles Suncruiser?

We've been struggling with this class A
We have been browsing and looking at RVs for a couple years and this one fits the bill except for the high miles. Its a one owner well maintained and in great shape. What are your thoughts? At this price they are putting on new tires , replacing a windshield, fixing two windows (seals).

Used 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 37B Class A - Gas For Sale - Olinger Travel Homes

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with the mileage if it has been serviced on a decent schedule.
IMHO I would feel better about coach because it has been driven instead of sitting.

I would however,want to see the service records for the coach to make sure it has been maintained.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #3

I agree with 96Bounder. Check the service records to ensure it has been maintained. The 8.1 engine and Allison transmission are bullet proof combo and you will really enjoy it on the road. We bought our Suncruiser in 2012 with 16,000 miles and have put over 11000 problem free miles. Very happy with the floor plan and quality of this coach. Enjoy your future travels.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by knbmabry View Post
We've been struggling with this class A
We have been browsing and looking at RVs for a couple years and this one fits the bill except for the high miles. Its a one owner well maintained and in great shape. What are your thoughts? At this price they are putting on new tires , replacing a windshield, fixing two windows (seals).

Used 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 37B Class A - Gas For Sale - Olinger Travel Homes
I would not be overly concerned with the 88K miles, BUT, IMO, that is WAAAY too much money for an almost 9 model year old coach. I have a 2010 Suncruiser with 36,000 miles on a W-24 that would be MUCH better, but it would not bring too much more $$ than that one, as a trade-in.

The ad doesn't say if it is a W22 or a W24 chassis, but that would also be a factor for me. The W-24 would be much "better", but it may also have an issue if it has the "yellow Knob" (J72 AAPB) on the dash.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #5

I agree with all of the above. It's gotten a bit less than 10,000 miles per year put on it. How many do you plan to put on? How long are you going to keep it? Most motorhomes get like 3000 miles a year put on them. If that's your plan, 6 years from now it will be 15 years old and have 106,000 miles, not a lot for a 15 year old motorhome.

As for price, low retail on an '06 37B is about $70K, so the price doesn't look bad at all from that perspective. But, NADA is just one thing to consider.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #6

I agree that the price is too high. We bought a 2005 37B Suncruiser (w22) with 31K miles on it for 62K. If you really want it then by all means get the service records and have them reviewed by someone that knows what to look for. No service records and I would offer a much lower price. If you are having these hesitations then others are as well so this gives you an advantage...

Good luck
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I would pass on this Suncruiser. There are many, many LOW mileage used RV for sale. I would keep searching.

If you purchased this 89K mile Suncruiser and put only 11K miles on it it would have over 100,000 miles. IMHO, 100,000+ mileage motorhomes are not very salable. When you sold, you would take a huge lose.

BTW, my 2005 Suncruiser has 27500 miles on it and I purchased it new.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We traded in our 2005 W-22 37B in 2010. It had 63,000 miles and was in perfect shape. The dealer listed it for $69,995 and it sat for over a year. They sold it for $40,000. The 37B is a great layout and was a great motor home for us!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #9

Think of resale, at 50k they get hard to sell, too many motorhomes around that are well under that amount. 75k you have to give it away. 100k plus you'll have to pay someone to take it from you. At resale time its hard enough to find a serious buyer with lower miles let alone a higher mile coach...
Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Think of resale, at 50k they get hard to sell, too many motorhomes around that are well under that amount. 75k you have to give it away. 100k plus you'll have to pay someone to take it from you. At resale time its hard enough to find a serious buyer with lower miles let alone a higher mile coach...
I'm sure you're making a point, ........but those two statements (in bold) are stretching reality just a bit. In 2010 I sold my 2003 Newmar Kountry Star on a W-22 gas chassis with 98,600 miles for >$36K at PPL in Houston. The coach was clean and well maintained, but it had been used a LOT in the seven years we owned it.

All I'm saying is that there is a "market" for high mileage coaches, as well as one for really OLD coaches with low miles, it is all about the price.

Let me know if you have one you will pay me to take away.
Ed
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Agree the price is too high. You are very near a mid range diesel push or even a couple years older higher end DO. Just my opinion here, at your price point I would be looking at a DP that will have more better in almost all aspects.

LEN
Old 06-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #12

still looking

Drove the Suncruiser again last Monday and still love it! the condition is like new inside, its hard to believe its got 88000 miles on it. then we drove a neptune DP didn't care for fit and drive... the Itasca was better in my opinion, but, Arg the high miles!!
Neg. the priced down to 63000 on the Suncruiser plus they are installing new tires, batteries, fixing two fogged windows, replacing cracked windshield, throwing in a rv cover and wheel covers, can't get a powertrain warranty because miles are to high, we can purchase a house warranty for 4 year coverage at $4800. Just cant quite pull the trigger yet,

it is on the 24k chassis, 5 speed allison

thanks for everybodys input
Old 06-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #13

High Miles Suncruiser?

If it doesn't feel right, then walk away. Look some more because there are LOTS of used mh's out there. Look for a few more weeks and if it still calls to you, make a ridiculously low offer.

Tags
suncruiser