Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Question Holding Tank Rinser‎ Check valve?

Does anyone know where I would find the check valve in the rinse water line on 2007 HR Scepter PDQ42 motor home?
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Usually under the bathroom sink. Up as high as possible.

Mike
Old 12-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"CFXCH"......I'm guessing your tank sprayer is not working. This is a common issue with Monaco coaches and is generally not the check valve issue. The sprayer hangs down into the tank and when the tank gets near to full, debris washes up into the sprayer and then dries, clogging the sprayer.

On the passenger side of your coach, opposite the water bay, you have a panel that does not have a latch that will allow you to open it. If you look under this panel, there are two screws. Remove the screws and lift the panel up, it's hinged at the top.

Once you open this panel, you'll see your sewer tanks. On the black tank, there will be a water line going into the top of the tank. This is your sprayer. If you disconnect the fitting and lift the hose off, you can access the sprayer. You can take a paper clip and clean out the holes. The problem is, this will happen again. Many of us, took an 1/8" drill bit and drilled down into the sprayer (where the hose connects) several times enlarging the holes. It doesn't spray like it normally would, but it provides a large amount of water to flush the high end of the tank. With the larger holes, you won't have any more issues.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"CFXCH"......I'm guessing your tank sprayer is not working. This is a common issue with Monaco coaches and is generally not the check valve issue. The sprayer hangs down into the tank and when the tank gets near to full, debris washes up into the sprayer and then dries, clogging the sprayer.

On the passenger side of your coach, opposite the water bay, you have a panel that does not have a latch that will allow you to open it. If you look under this panel, there are two screws. Remove the screws and lift the panel up, it's hinged at the top.

Once you open this panel, you'll see your sewer tanks. On the black tank, there will be a water line going into the top of the tank. This is your sprayer. If you disconnect the fitting and lift the hose off, you can access the sprayer. You can take a paper clip and clean out the holes. The problem is, this will happen again. Many of us, took an 1/8" drill bit and drilled down into the sprayer (where the hose connects) several times enlarging the holes. It doesn't spray like it normally would, but it provides a large amount of water to flush the high end of the tank. With the larger holes, you won't have any more issues.
Dittto, drilling the larger hole was the answer.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Don,
His coach, like mine, has the propane tank on the opposite side of the holding tanks, with no access to the black tanks.

To answer the original question, the check valve is part of the inlet fitting where the flushing water hose is attached. I hope my sprayer never clogs, as the wet bay service panel has to come out to get to the sprayer.

Maybe the OP will chime back in with the issue he is trying to resolve.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #6

For others,

My 07 Discovery has a back-flow valve between the hose connection and the sprayers in the black tank. It's located in the bathroom wall behind the shower faucet. You get to it by removing the panel to get to the backside of the shower faucet.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The problem is that all of a sudden the rinser stopped taking any water like there is a complete blockage. This leads me to think that the check valve is seized or stuck. I've stood on my head trying to find it in all the places everyone including Monaco has suggested but to no avail. My next move is to remove the wet bay panel(if possible) and follow the water line to the rinser in the black holding tank.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #8

I think I had a problem with the valve too. Once, the floor in my toilet became floded, and it was comming from under the sink.

I think my sprayer is on the passenger side, I saw a line going on the side of the thank, I did not see any panel to get at it.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
So how did you fix it??
Old 12-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #10

I did not fixed it, just mopped the floor! I did not know what caused it at the time.

Tags
tank