Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Please give me your opinion of Holiday Rambler motor homes I am thinking of buying one and would li
Yes I like Holiday Rambler 25 100.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-05-2002, 05:50 PM   #15
We have a 1997 HR Imperial DP and it has been great. High end quality throughout and almost bulletproof.

Ol Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sixtires:
I have a 1989 HOliday Rambler Crown Imperial. It's perfect. They hold up very well.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:51 AM   #17
Some friends have a Winnobego.....nice coach.....should be it spent most of its time in the shop.

'00 Endeavor - 330 Cat
'02 Tracker - Blue Ox
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #18
Have had a Triple E Commander (gasser bought used 3 years old and had it for a year), new 2004 Journey 39W and new 2006 HR Ambassador 40PLQ.

Commander had regular service and needed no fixes during the year we had it (did add the TruTrack though). Journey had all kinds of flaws and problems and spent a lot of time being fixed and some items never did get addressed properly (like a shifting interior wall causing floor tiles to buckle). HR Ambassador - quality has been a bit better than the Winnie - but only a sliver and nothing to brag about. It has spent as much time being fixed as the Winnie did - due to slow delivery of parts by HR (and Winnie was darn slow as well).

At this point I'm not sure what I would buy if I were buying again today.
2011 Itasca Impulse 26QP Silver, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited V6 Active Drive II
The Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #19
We are on our second Holiday Rambler, and I have been pleased with both of the rigs we have had. Neither was purchased by us as new and both bought from the same dealer in Salem Oregon.
We were very happy with the '95 Vacationer and traded up to an '03 Vacationer, this time with slides.
Can honestly say the construction is hard to beat on these coaches.
First HR was on a Ford, our current is a Chev workhorse. Haven't had any mechanical problems at all.
I must admit I am one of those guys that may be running a bit overweight, at least compared to the manufacturers suggested capacities are.
We use our rig all year around. A summer trip to Hot August Nights in Reno to weekends in the mountains of Washington state snowmobiling.
I for one can tell you that our experience with the HR "gassers" has been great.
Dwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
We have an 04 Neptune 34 PDD. We are generally pleased with the unit, however I have found several instances of sloppy construction, specifically:

1. Wiring in console to left of driver is a jumbled mass of wires with very poor assembly standards.

2. The wiring from the rearview mirrors is unsupported as it exits the mirror arm inside the front cap. There is about a 3' loop of cables hanging from some fairly light gauge electrical wire.

3. Attachment of headlights to front cap is not much better than baling wire and bubblegum.

In addition, it is quite possible to buy a unit with no kitchen drawers! We have the 4door fridge and the convection/microwave and a gas oven under the cooktop. That gas oven cost us two drawers which were about the best spot for things like silverware etc. The dealership probably ordered it this way, after all, what would they know about living in a motorhome?

We have plenty of carrying capacity, which is nice, and so far everything works okay.

The rig is a pleasure to drive, and pretty comfortable to live in. The storage compartment doors are a pain in the neck, especially on the slideout side. I think the newer ones open horizontally rather than swinging up as ours do.

My best advise when looking at any potential new (or used I suppose) rig, is to crawl around with a flashlight. Look into the front Genny compartment at the wiring for the lights and mirrors and the general construction. How serviceable is it all? Crawl underneath and look at the plumbing / wiring etc.

Good Luck
jamorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
We're on our second HR. First was a '85 27' class C. Bought that in 1991 from a fellow camper with 35,000 miles. Used it for another 35,000 miles. Traded it in on a 2000 32' Vacationer (no slides). Now have 50,000+ miles on the Vacationer. Quality built on both.

We use the Vacationer for HRRVC campouts/rallies and camping in national forest/parks.
FMCA# 266040 HRRVC# 84109
2000 32' HR Vacationer w/Banks
'98 Subaru Outback 5 spd toad
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
This is our first Class A, however, not our first diesel power plant. We have owned our Ambassador SKT for just over a month and have been very satisfied with the motor coach. Fit and finish is superior in my humble opinion to several other coaches we looked at. This is not to say that those coaches were poorly made.

I find the ride to be very smooth and very quiet.

Ask me again in a year or so, but so far, I am very impressed and pleased with it.
Retired Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer - DW is the REAL Boss
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
We Have had 2 holiday ramblers first was a 25 ft class c 1989. Now a 2003 vacationer with slides, dish and a lot of goodies. So far nothing big fixing all the little things people let go. Maybe 300 dollars worth and that was a new red top battery. Now just need to make it our own with the things to make you feel at home.
Steve & Denise
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36.6 ft
w22, 8.1 Vacaville, Ca.
srzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
My 2004 Ambassador (34PDD) has been solid. All my problems have been with components like the Norcold. My CCC is just over 6,000 pounds with a full load of diesel and water. So far, so good.
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My 98 HR Endeavor DP appears to be holding up pretty good. Good used coach.
98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
I almost bought a new scepter but the sales person was a dumb a-s. On the other hand I think the revolution is good also.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #27
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
we love ours ! great quality ! runs great !
97 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 275 Cat powered
fxdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
We just bought our "new" HR Admiral Se. I don't have a lot of experience with it yet. But, I have to say that the quality of all the interior is by far the best we have ever owned. It's well laid out with quality throughout, as far as I can see. If I had to do it over again.. I would.. cept, I'd probably go diesel..

Bill Splaine, Santa Rosa, CA N6GHG
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T, Recumbent trikes, Brewing, Woodcarving and Ukulele
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote