Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Please give me your opinion of Holiday Rambler motor homes I am thinking of buying one and would li
Yes I like Holiday Rambler 26 100.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2002, 01:59 PM   #1

runnig water is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2002, 01:59 PM   #2

runnig water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome to the group but I guess you don't give us much choice!

RV Wizard, Fulltimers Mike,Amy Muffin & Kailing
Ashley and Candi at school
2000 GulfStream Scenic Cruiser 39' 94 Blazer 5spd. manual NASCAR #3 & #8
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:59 AM   #4

We have been very happy with our HR (see sig). One thing to watch out for if you go the DP route is that our radiator/ATF cooler broke down internally and introduced coolant into the ATF. This means that my new Allison with < 3K miles is getting rebuilt [no fault of Allison). The Allison shop here said that they are seeing more and more of this happening on Monaco coaches. Monaco confirmed the same stating that they are "learning something the hard way". When they rebuild my tranny they are also installing new [seperate) radiators and ATF coolers. I'm not upset because 1. we made it home, 2. everything's under warranty, and 3. everyone [Monaco) is being very honest and straight-forward throughout the process and I'm not being treated like an idiot [little do they know ).

I would definately by another HR product.

'02 HR Endeavor Diesel 40PWD
'02 Chevy Malibu Toad
'69 Chevy Impala Untoad
Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 03:35 AM   #5

Can only express opinion of Monaco the "parent" company after their purchase of Beaver and that it has been a very positive experience. I do have a good friend with a '97 Imperial DP with slide and thay have had a positive experience.

Richard and Babs

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 03:05 PM   #6
GB

I had one, wouldn't / won't have another!

Happy Trails GB
94 Bounder 34J
90 Mazda B2200 toad

GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 05:47 AM   #7

Have one, would buy another. We bought new '99 HR Vacationer w/V10. Have been very happy with it. Very few minor problems, mostly not HR's problems.
Most were related to components.
Next buy will probably be Endeavor or the best Monaco that we can afford at the time.

99 HR Vacationer-Toads:Honda CRV/Suzuki Samurai
Wanderers RV Club,Elk Herd RV Club,Ozark Mountain Boomers

Toad: Jeep Liberty
Mo Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:43 AM   #8

I have a 1989 HOliday Rambler Crown Imperial. It's perfect. They hold up very well.

Mark
sixtires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:28 AM   #9

I own a 97 Holiday Rambler "Vacationer", my next coach will be a Holiday rambler... nuff said?

Ayjay
Old 09-13-2002, 12:53 PM   #10

I have a 2000 gas Endeavor which is a nice m/h now after H/R finally fixed it. I will never buy anything else that Monaco is connected with. Ed
edhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:57 AM   #11

In my research I found that unless you purchased the very expensive model you don't have much carrying capacity. That really broke my bubble because I had my heart set on the HR. I know they sell well and there are many satisfied customers. We have heard that for a full timer you need about 3000 lbs of carrying capacity. There must be a lot of over weight Holiday Ramblers on the road unless they are the lucky ones with the $$$ ones.
dodgieawma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:32 PM   #12

We purchased our '99 HR Admiral used with about 4000 miles on it. It was 9 months old at the time, we got it from a private party.

We've been happy with the coach and chassis (Ford w/V10. Minor issues with the coach, the closet latch (plastic) broke while on a trip. Replaced with heavier latch at a cost of $2.00 each. Check valve (again plastic) broke on the water heater, replace with a brass value that cost 5 bucks. Earlier this spring, the tension spring broke on the Carefree awning and I had to manually roll up the awning. Still have not fixed that. Their are several finish issues I believe the factory could have handled better. The dining table's molding around the edge is rough and was not finished properly.

As far as the chassis goes, replaced the engine (starter) battery twice, forgot to turn off the main power switch and the unit sat for 2 months with dead battery at 110 degrees. Ford has a problem with vibration, our unit has minor vibration after Ford balanced the tires.

I'd consider another HR product when we are ready, won't be for several years, though. I think you'll be happy.

Jim

Jim And Barbara
1999 Holiday Rambler Admiral
1994 Saturn Toad

1999 Holiday Rambler Admiral
Admiral Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 05:05 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some friends have a 2001 HR endevor..... nice coach......should be it spend most of its time in the shop

Bob, Vicki and the Boyz, Two Cats, Two Dogs, One Bird and one over loaded Winnebago

Winnobego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 08:28 PM   #14

They are really built well. Lots of solid wood and they are well insolated. But as stated above, watch the carrying capacity on the gas units. It doesn't take much to overload them.