RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Endeavor 2017

Purchased Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E Coach on 8 March 2017 and on the drive from Alvarado Texas to Little Rock Arkansas the generator door kept sliding out we had to stop 3 or 4 times to slide the drawer back in. Had this repaired 3 times, in the end I repaired it myself to keep the drawer from coming out. Latch mounting bracket did not have any lock washers/nuts, so I installed them myself.

The front of the coach is very low and hits on every dip in the road. It is so low I drag going in and out of gas stations and RV parks, anywhere their is dip,bump or incline of any kind. My first incident happened when the generator door flew open when I had to hit the brakes hard. At the same time I had to swerve to miss a vehicle that pulled out in front of me and ended up on a rock on the side of the road, upon backing off the rock it tore off the front cover of the generator slide. This cost over $15,000 to repair. My second incident; I was driving down major road at 65 MPH where there was a traffic light which turned red so I let up on the gas to let the jake brake slow me down to about 50 MPH the light then turned green so I started to speed up when I hit the intersection where there was a dip in the road which could not be seen and the coach bottomed out and smashed the front fiberglass into the asphalt road and cracked the windshield. This cost over $15,000 again to have repaired.

Question is how can I get the RAV Group to take responsibility for this issue and redesign the front of the coach so it will not be so low?

Lloyd Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #2

There's something more wrong with that latch than lock washers/nuts if you had it repaired three times and still had a problem.

Have you checked the ride height adjusters for proper ride height?

Old 07-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I don't see how they could get out of fixing that problem!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #4

Find a good product reliability lawyer have them right a letter of demand and see what falls out would think your insurance company would done this already. Good Luck
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You don’t mention what chassis you have. But I’m assuming it’s a freightliner. I would take it to a freightliner service centre and have the ride height checked and/or adjusted.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with Alank, you may have issues with the ride height setting. My HR is built on a straight rail chassis which sits lower than your raised rail chassis, I have crossed the U.S. and don't have those issues with dragging unless the dip is really big going into a station. I do avoid stations with a big dip turning in. I think you should take a trip to the REV factory and have them fix it.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E 2017

It does have a freightliner chassis, and they have already checked ride height, it is spot on. The problem is the fiberglass front put on by Holiday Rambler, it drops about four inches in the middle of the front and drags on everything. The repair person even said it dragged going into his shop, the only one he has had to drag like this.

Lloyd G. Miller, USAF, Ret
Operation Desert Storm Veteran
Old 07-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #8
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Welcome to the forum, LLoyd.

I see that there are two other complaints to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) on this issue ...or, maybe one of them is yours? But if you haven't already done so --and you consider it a safety issue-- you also may want to report it to the Feds. The more complaints they receive, the more possibility they will investigate and perhaps prompt the manufacturer to do a recall.

To see the two complaints, go to THIS PAGE and to the "Complaints" tab.

There also look to be three actual recalls on your model (go to the "recalls" tab) --have you had those done if they apply to your rig? If you have't already been notified, you can at least check for sure if they apply to you by submitting your VIN on that page from the link given above.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #9

I have completed a complaint to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) but it has not been posted as yet. I have had all the recalls completed as well.

If there are others out there with the same complaint, Please go to the NHTSA to make a comment. The more we have the better chance we have for NHTSA to investigate this concern.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the front and side view of the front of the coach? Maybe something that the pictures would reveal could be used to create a more informative discussion.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbiker45 View Post
Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the front and side view of the front of the coach? Maybe something that the pictures would reveal could be used to create a more informative discussion.
It's a very low front chin on these. Friends of ours have one and it drags everywhere. Silly design.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Now, that is beyond moronic. What sort of brain dead designer would put his name on something that looks like a hazard just sitting there? And folks, that is just my humble unbiased opinion.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #13

I have 19 model 40x. The front does sets low. I have put about 2500 miles so far and
have not hit the pavement yet. I will be taking it in the Rev group this week and will
ask them about it. The reason I'm taking it in is to get a few other thing fixed. I hope.
okiebug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #14

I have 19 model 40x. The front does sets low. I have put about 2500 miles so far and
have not hit the pavement yet. I will be taking it in the Rev group this week and will
ask them about it. The reason I'm taking it in is to get a few other thing fixed. I hope.

okiebug13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler