Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Endeavor questions

The new kid on the block says hello to all;

After years of owning campers, two motorhomes, a travel trailer and a fifith wheel we recently sold the fifth wheel and purchased a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 on a roadmaster chassis. I am looking for some feedback on a couple of items that I feel might be a problem that the dealer is saying are normal and wonder if anyone out there might be able to help me with.

The first question I have is regarding the air ride on the chassis: After it is parked for a few days the air bags on the rear of the coach deflate all the way. The front air bags hold the air much longer. Anyone know what the normal time would be before the rear air bags should start losing the air.

The second question: The bedroom slide is very slow to start and the bottom of the slide moves out about 6 to 8 inches before the top of the slide starts to move. If you stop the slide halfway out you can rock it back and forth about 6 inches. I have never experenced this on any of my other slides that I have owned. The dealer checked the slide and said it was normal for this unit.

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

By the way, the name should be Bikedaddy not bikedsaddy::: fingers to big for the keyboard, got to find a way to correct the name.
Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Bikedaddy, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums.
It is normal for air to leak from the air ride system. How much and how fast varies from coach to coach but they will all do it.
With a flat floor design, a slide out topper, it is normal for the floor to move out and in first. If you stop it half way they will rock at the top. Again this is in the design as the attachment points of the rams and the wall, pivot for the flat floor, once it gets all the way out. Good luck and enjoy the coach.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
RV Wizard, thanks for helping out Bikedaddy...I actually have the exact same issues with my 06 Monaco Knight. Thought it was a rear air tank hose or airbag leak and slide out bracket problem.. Exactly what causes the system to slowly leak off....sorry didn't mean to highjack!...guess we shouldn't be to concerned..
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
By the way, the name should be Bikedaddy not bikedsaddy::: fingers to big for the keyboard, got to find a way to correct the name.
Fixed! Welcome to the site.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks RV Wizard for the information. Can you or anyone else tell me how I get to that section of the motorhome so that I can see how the slide is attached to the mechanism that moves the slide in and out. I have already rebuilt the bed frame as most of the staples that connect the wood toogeather had come and the frame was draging on the carpet and not riding on the rollers. I have also had the plywood cover off the part of the slide that houses the motor but could not see how anything was attached, I did have the slide out when I did this so maybe it needs to be all the way in.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocUSAF View Post
RV Wizard, thanks for helping out Bikedaddy...I actually have the exact same issues with my 06 Monaco Knight. Thought it was a rear air tank hose or airbag leak and slide out bracket problem.. Exactly what causes the system to slowly leak off....sorry didn't mean to highjack!...guess we shouldn't be to concerned..
Doc, If the bags are leaking down overnight, there is a leak somewhere. Mine were leaking down in 24 hrs when I got it. Found a leak at the manifold in the generator comp right in front of the driver. Fixed that and they would hold for a couple months.
Now the rear bags have begun to slowly leak down over about 3 weeks. Time to start looking again
Its not a real big deal unless it gets to the point that the compressor can't keep up, but it does cause the compressor to work more often.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #7

Not being critical, just inquisitive, why would you be concerned about a slow leak? When I park I always deflate the bags and level the coach with jacks.

Jim
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Jim

I am not all that concerned about a slow leak but I felt, and still do feel that loosing all the air in the rear of the coach in less then a 48 hour period is not normal. I fully understand that all air systems will bleed off over a period of time and I was trying to find out from other endeavor owners what their experience has been with their rigs. After two weeks the front of the coach showed very little sign of loosing air.

One reason that I have a concern is the same air system that we use for the air breaks is also used for the air ride system on the endeavor and if everyone was saying that it took two months to bleed off I would know that I have a problem that needs to be addressed. This would also tell me that I am overworking the compressor because the air is bleeding off faster then what the build specifications for the compressor had been designed to handle.

I guess that I will just have to build up the system and start to do a system test of all the lines and components in the system. A lot of crawling around under the coach unless I want to spend $100.00 and hour to have someone else do it. I think I will try first.

Bob