Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Roof

Good Evening,
Thank You for letting me join this group...
After having my Pace Arrow for 23 years it's time to get something a little newer with a couple of slides. I am currently looking at a 2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34PBD on a workhorse chassis but I am a little concerned with the pitched aluminum roof. Can anyone give any input on problems they have encountered with an Aluminum roof on their Holiday Rambler? I don't see any leaks on this inside and the unit seems to be real clean but I don't want to get into roof problems if I can help it. The Pace Arrow spoiled me with it's fiberglass roof.
Thanks..
Super14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #2

I had a 2004 vacationer with a 2 part aluminum roof it's tough can't crack,split,break the only down fall is the seam tape up the middle. I'd bet it cost twice as much over a fiberglass.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
'05 Vacationer...no problems to date. Just inspect the roof a couple times a year for any cracks in the sealant, especially around the end caps. The EternaBond tape down the aluminum seams are tuff and apparently lasts a long time.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
2000 HR Endeavor. My Aluminum roof probably will never need replaced. Just redo Eternabond tape every 10 years, and inspect clean and touch up self leveling dicor caulk around roof appendages. If I had to replace this unit, a Aluminium roof would be
First on my list.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
2000 HR Endeavor. My Aluminum roof probably will never need replaced. Just redo Eternabond tape every 10 years, and inspect clean and touch up self leveling dicor caulk around roof appendages. If I had to replace this unit, a Aluminium roof would be
First on my list.
Agree with above post. The only thing I'd add is check the joint where the aluminum roof meets the end caps. On the curved edge, it flexes and will crack the caulk quicker than the straight edges.

Fred

Tags
holiday rambler, roof