Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Vactioner 36sbt

Has anyone purchased or know anything about Holiday Rambler Vacioner 36sbt(2011). really like the floor plan, ,but dont know alot about holiday rambler.
thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi jj. I don't know about the new Holiday Rambler Vacationer, but I owned a 1995 Vacationer for several years and toured much of the U.S. in it. It was a great motorhome, with a very reliable Ford 460 engine. The coach itself was well built and of excellent quality. I have a new Four Winds now, but the quality does not match that of my old Vacationer. Komac

Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
That floorplan caught my eye as well. Looks like a baby HR Neptune. They just recently came out. It looks as if the "new" Vacationers are what the previous 'Admirals' were as far as far as trim line, floorplans (except for this particular one), fit/finish, full body paint, etc.

I haven't been in one yet, so it's hard to tell how close that sectional sofa really is to that big TV. In some shots it looks ok, then in others it looks like you're right on top of it. There also looks to be an option just to have a sofa there, along the wall (instead of the pull out sectional sofa).

The Holiday Rambler (as well as Monaco) websites seem to take forever to be brought current, so there's not a whole lot to go on (i.e., actual brochures vs. just a fact "sheet" etc.) when you're trying to research them. I, for one, find that each site takes forever to load pages too, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway...

Holiday Rambler is a division of Monaco RV and has been around for quite a while. Many happy owners, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there, brand-wise. The parent company (Monaco) came out of bankruptcy a few years ago and is now owned by Navistar International Corp. From what I can see, this looks like a promising business relationship, and I, for one, would not hesitate to buy one of their products. There are tons of posts about Monaco's pre/post bankruptcy if you do a generic search on any forum site. A lot of them are dominated by people that did not have warranty items covered during that general time, and were (understandably!) upset.

I probably didn't help that much with your original question, but I do share your interest in this floorplan (LOVE the 32" outside TV option too!) and also hope to get some more info on it! Looks like we may just have to wait a bit longer.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #4

thank you both for the reply, sounds like HR is a solid brand, which I thought, but wanted some feedback.
I agree, also like the 32in outside tv, great for Sun afternoon football, bbq some hotdogs, hamburgers and good to go. Im going to have to keep looking to see if I can find one close. I have a class b unit right now and have never even driven a class a, so probably should try that before I buy...lol
Old 07-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Yes i am also looking at the same coach
Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #6

HR is a good brand and has many models both gas and diesel. I think Monaco owns them now.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #7

hi i own a 2000 vactioner its my third mh and was a huge step up from other two
Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #8

I owned a 2004 36pct vacationer, HR made a good coach. Back then it was a ford chassis then they tried making it a DP now it looks like they went back to a ford.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #9

Smile

We just picked up our 2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT, and so far we love it! The interior is so comfortable and spacious when the slides are opened. Just a few minor things we need to have checked. ex. can't get the ice maker to work, we have to find the water value to get the water to the ice maker, but I'm not worried. We leave for a 3 week vacation in it, so will let you know how we made out.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #10

The one I owned had a fake door underneath frig. that you unscrewed and the water valve was there.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #11

congradulations!!! will be waiting to hear back on how your trip went
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #12

Well we're back from our trip and it went very well. Survived hurrican Irene with no problems at all. Very comfortable while driving, if you have to get something from the back with the slides in, it's a tight squeeze. One thing with our rig is that the indicators for the Grey and Black levels are reversed, so we found that out the hard way, but we caught it, so no damage done. All in all, we love this rig, we had a 2007 Georgetown 35ft, so we definitely feel that we traded up!!! If you have any other questions, just ask.
Kim
Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken and Kim View Post
Well we're back from our trip and it went very well. Survived hurrican Irene with no problems at all. Very comfortable while driving, if you have to get something from the back with the slides in, it's a tight squeeze. One thing with our rig is that the indicators for the Grey and Black levels are reversed, so we found that out the hard way, but we caught it, so no damage done. All in all, we love this rig, we had a 2007 Georgetown 35ft, so we definitely feel that we traded up!!! If you have any other questions, just ask.
Kim
Hi there, I know iI am responding to an old post, but I also am looking for info on the new Vacationers. I am contemplating purchasing a 2014 Vacationer 32 WBD. I know that it is on the smaller 18,000 lb chassis. Other than that it is all Iknow. Any and all info will be much appreciated.

I am also having great difficulty navigating around this I- rv2 site. I was able to stumble upon the H R forum group site once but can't seem to find my way back.

Thanks for the Help.....Lost in L A