Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hot/Cold Water Equalizer

Are there any shower controls for RV's that equalize hot and cold water pressure, and/or temperature? In our Southwind we have to ban water usage while someone is in the shower in order for the shower-ee to enjoy the experience.

A stick-house type of regulating shower faucet could be used, but is there something that is more suited for the low flow characteristics of an RV shower?

I presume that the high end units use something better than just hot and cold water valves.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Are you having this problem when hooked up to city water or when using the water pump and not hooked up to city water?

If hooked up to city water and having the problem, try turning on the water pump and see if that helps... just make sure your water tank has water in it.

If not hooked up to city water, then the problem may be your pump is not working properly or is too low of a volume pump to keep up with the demand.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happens on city water also....this is the same issue we had in our house until we had the pipes redone and the shower valves replace with equalizing/temperature regulating valves.

The real issue is that if someone uses hot or cold water while someone is showering the mixture will change and the temperature will vary.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There is no reason not to use a residential-type shower valve in the RV. There is nothing about an RV system that is outside the norm for house systems. My "high end" coach came with standard model Moen faucets throughout, but its still not an equalizing shower faucet.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My knight has the standard RV 2 knob with the hose sticking out the top RV shower...

I'd really like to explore putting a moen posi temp in it. Not sure how I'd handle the shower hose thing though/
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replaced mine with a Moen Positemp and set it to slightly hotter then what I would normally have it set to. That way I can just open it fully every time and have the same temp, no adjusting. Also when stopping the water at the shower head during a shower, the water would always be cold when I opened it back up. With the positemp, I just turn the handle off and on, instant hot water then each time, don't have to wait for the water to get hot again.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Adventurer came with "cheap" valves that I could never get regulated in the shower. I would either get a cold shower or scalded so I replaced the valve with a Moen from Lowes. Works great.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
Cat

I'm getting readyh to put a grohe 34 182 thermostatic shower valve in my motorhome. It is an out side the wall valve that you set the temperature to and it maintains that pressure. It should take care of the temperature changes when somebody uses the sink when someone is in the shower-- I hope. I'll let you know.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Replaced mine with a MOEN L 82691 from Lowes. Easy to do and takes about 20 minutes. NOTE: I had a mirror on the back wall that gave me clean access to the valve.
L82691 chrome $79.00
L82691 brushed nickle $ 120.
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water