Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
House/Coach Batteries - Best brand/source/price

I have my 2006 Pace Arrow 37C MH in for de-winterizing and some repairs. I was told my house batteries need to be replaced as they are dry and bulging.

I need to purchase 6V Deep Cycle Batteries. LT Duty if I don't really intent to do any dry camping - which I don't really. Or HD if I do intend to do dry camping - never have so far.

My spouse passed away 16 mos ago, and aside from getting the propane refilled nearby, gassing it up 15 miles from home, and repairs at a shop about 3 miles from my home, I haven't driven the rig anywhere else. I do start the engine and the generator and run the generator for about 20-30 minutes weekly, religiously.

I haven't decide if I want to sell my rig, which is in great shape with only 21,600 miles on the odometer. I may try taking the rig 40 miles up the road for a couple of days to a very nice RV resort we used to frequent, to see if I want to continue keeping the rig and using it this summer, or selling it.

But I digress - QUESTION: what source/brand do you recommend I use to purchase two Light Duty 6V Deep Cycle Batteries to replace my house batteries?

What is the best warranty/number of months battery should I be looking for?

We have an Interstate Battery, Napa Auto Parts, Point S Tire/Auto, Les Schwab, Auto Zone, Schuck's Auto Supply, Carquest, Walmart, and O'Reilly's in my hometown, plus there's a Costco about 40 miles away.

My repair guy, who I trust, said he can get them for me (he has my rig). UNK what the warranty period is, but I wouldn't have to go get them, bring them to him, and exchange the two bad batteries.

Recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,
meant2shop
2006 Pace Arrow 37C
Merlin, OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We usually go with the 6 volt GC2 deep cycle batteries from Costco. We might try the Duracell AGM deep cycle from Sam's Club next time.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Interstate's have been working fine for me, but, you do need to look after them!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #4

Air Compresser

Get the big portable 12v from Harbor Freight. It will also stow in their metal ammo can (purchased separately) about $100 for both. Unit gets very warm from heavy use, but works great on my 125psi tires. Hooks directly to auto battery with furnished clamps.
Rrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
For the cost of about $95 each at Costco I would go that route. If you don't know if your keeping or selling just put in a pair to get you by.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
What do I need to do to take care of the house batteries? I don’t have a clue. Tks.
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:46 AM   #7

Personally
Your mechanic knows your situation.
You say you trust him.
Your rig is at his place.
Let him replace them and take care of the cores.
I dont think that you need to bother .

So sorry to hear about your loss.
Thats a very tough situation and you have more issues to deal with than the batteries at this point in your life.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For your usage pattern may be single 12VDC maintenance free deep cycle battery would be best.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #9

I found a fairly local golf cart place that charge $175 for US AMG 6V
225 AH ..no maintaince besides keeping charged. They have bolts in top Not posts so screw on battery posts may be necessary.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #10

Sorry I deleted part of post.... I suggested to try a golf cart place for a pair of AMG golf cart batts.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Sorry I deleted part of post.... I suggested to try a golf cart place for a pair of AMG golf cart batts.
Interstate batteries! Recently replaced my 3 OEM's with Interstates. [emoji591]🤠

Tags
batteries