Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #1

WE ARE LOOKING AT NEW TIFFIN A BUS WITH HOUSEHOLD FRIG. WHAT ARE THE PROS & CONS.
ROYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #2

WE ARE LOOKING AT NEW TIFFIN A BUS WITH HOUSEHOLD FRIG. WHAT ARE THE PROS & CONS.
ROYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you seldom camp without shore power, probably no "cons" at all.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
ROYS Welcome to irv2
If you do not mind operating Gen at times to keep it cold or have a bank of batteries with solar I would guess its a go. I'll stick with the LP, electric version, than again that MH may not have a LP tank.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #5

We have an all electric Essex with a Frigidaire residential refrigerator. So far we love it.
Pro's:
Much tighter control of temperatures.
Lots of room.
Water and ice on door.
Don't have to defrost.
No lip on freezer that limits ability of short people to see into freezer.
Good lighting including lighting in the freezer.
If it comes with all electric coach you don't have to worry about filling propane tanks and you can go through many tunnels.
Con's:
If you forget to lock the door there's a lot more stuff that falls out.
When boondocking, may require more use of the genset although with the all electric option you usually get more batteries.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to IRV2 Roy,

We just picked up our 42' Allegro Bus with the residential fridge yesterday.

Much of what Road Pilot mentioned is true so I won't repeat what he said. I'll just add "ditto".

The 40' Allegro Bus comes with a 32 gallon LP tank and dual propane furnaces. The 42' Bus only comes with Hydronic heat, therefore the LP tank is reduced to 24 gallons. If you order the residential fridge in the 42QRP, you will still have the 24 gallon LP tank, although the only thing left to run on it is your cooktop so it won't be going empty any time too soon.

The 42QRP w/ residential fridge also comes with a 125 watt solar panel and automatic generator start to start the 10KW Onan quiet diesel. Regardless of which fridge you order, you do get a 3,000 watt inverter as well as eight AGM house batteries. Boondock times have been very respectable with this setup.

If you want more details please feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll answer whatever questions you may have.

Again, welcome to IRV2!
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #7

Mr Moderator...Please explain to "Roy" about shouting.I find it rude. Thanks. lenOrge

2003 Brave 34D
2001 Tracker
lenOrge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #8

WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE EFFECTIVE IF YOU COMPLAINED IN OCTOBER,WHEN THE POST WAS ORIGINALY PLACED.SOME PEOPLE ARE NEW TO THE INTERNET AND A LITTLE PATIENTS MIGHT BE A NICE GESTURE ON YOUR PART.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Concur w/Frankie. I'd guess 80% or more of those on the internet don't realize that all caps is shouting. Topic was a sincere question I believe.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I find caps easier to read.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #11

Agree wholeheartedly with Frankie, what's the big deal. I certainly don't consider posts in Caps as being rude but am a bit concerned about those who do. Whoever came up with the thing about posting in Caps as shouting etc. etc. anyway.

Best regards to all, Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
General internet ediquette for years has been that ALL CAPS was used to make a point or was rude when used in excess.

I also find that all CAPS is more difficult to read.

A lot of the higher end coaches have a home type frig in lieu of a propane/electric. The manufacturers seem to feel that once you get to the higher end coaches, you do not want to dry camp...only resort parks.

You should be able to ask for the option of a propane unit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Flaming a newbie is rude, especially 2 1/2 months after post. It is also discouraging to anyone new to the internet and/or forums.

No one disputes "internet etiquette" and what all caps means. This was a poster who didn't know. A discreet and polite PM to the poster and/or moderator would have been fine.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #14

I truly enjoy this site for many reasons, most of all is how much I can learn. It doesn't matter if it about specific or general information. In this particular case I was not aware of the upper and lower case differences and while it is something I will try to remember so as not to "offend" anyone I must admit in this day and age with violence all around us, case size lettering on a machine does not offend or even excite me. Maybe its my senior citizen out look. Thank you all for your information and courtesies. May you all enjoy your units while traveling safely in this Great Nation. Bill
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote