Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #1

Houston Area Indoor RV Storage?

I live in Northwest Houston (Cypress), and I am having a heck of a time finding an indoor storage facility to store my RV. There are some nice ones in the area that I found on Google, but when I call them they are all 100% booked.

Does anyone know of a good indoor storage facility in the Houston area?
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #2

Red,
Shadowdale RV under the rice dryers off I-10 and Beltway is my indoor
storage. On Lumpkin road.
frank
Old 01-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm in Cypress and had a difficult time finding indoor storage as well. I put my name on a waiting list at Safeharbor Storage on Telge (just north of Grant) in September 2013 and got a call with an available unit in September 2014. You might need to try that approach, if you can get a spot in Safeharbor it's a great facility. You may get lucky and get something quicker than I did. I think it also depends on the size of the unit you are looking for, I needed a 50 footer and there aren't many of those around the area.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #4

I stored mine at Vintage Storage on Old Louetta Rd. Between spring cypress and Louetta. They have 16 and 20 foot wide (i believe) by 50feet. They include 50amp service and a dump station. A great facility i believe they are expanding the facility
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, each of the places mentioned are fully booked, so I'll have to get on waiting lists and hope something comes open.

Maybe I should build an indoor facility. Demand is obviously high!
Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was considering building a small facility in Cypress, even though I have enclosed storage I would prefer something much better.

I thought a facility with 8 to 10 bays, 14 x 14 roll up doors, wide enough to open slides and leaves room for decent work bench and work area with decent tool storage. Compressed air for tools and tire maintenance. Insulated with gas heat to maintain coaches without winterizing. Onsite sewer dump and water, 50 amp service in each bay. Set up one common bay with a pit for maintenance that would allow us to have a mobile mechanic come to the site to do chassis maintenance and repair. Internet access onsite, full security, all concrete, fully fenced with powered gate ... did I miss anything?

I have an investor who is interested in building such a site and selling each of the bays but this could be done other ways.

Interested? Send me a PM if you would like to discuss.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #7

Red Raider,

There is a storage place just east of Holiday World Katy and Camping World on the south side of I-10. I don't recall the name. I think it's called Trailer World. They sell various types of utility trailers in addition to renting storage spots. I used to store a travel trailer there and never had any problems. There's also Move It Self Storage in Fulshear. I have a 5 er stored there now. I'm sure these two places are further away than you would like. I don't know if either place has any availability.
Aggiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiefan View Post
Red Raider,

There is a storage place just east of Holiday World Katy and Camping World on the south side of I-10. I don't recall the name. I think it's called Trailer World. They sell various types of utility trailers in addition to renting storage spots. I used to store a travel trailer there and never had any problems. There's also Move It Self Storage in Fulshear. I have a 5 er stored there now. I'm sure these two places are further away than you would like. I don't know if either place has any availability.
Thank you for the info! I hope to find something closer to home, but if I have to drive a little ways to park it inside, I'll do it.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Enclosed Storage in NW Houston

We are getting our brand new 2015 MH tommorrow and have been looking around for fully enclosed secure storage for a 37ft unit and we lucked out locating a place super close to us in the Jersey Village - 290 area. They have 18 units coming available from a Landscape company moving out on the 31st. Half of them are 13X40 for $145 and the others are 13X50 for $175
Message me if you want the details.

Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
We are getting our brand new 2015 MH tommorrow and have been looking around for fully enclosed secure storage for a 37ft unit and we lucked out locating a place super close to us in the Jersey Village - 290 area. They have 18 units coming available from a Landscape company moving out on the 31st. Half of them are 13X40 for $145 and the others are 13X50 for $175
Message me if you want the details.

Dave
Thanks for the info, and congrats on the new coach! Which coach did you buy?
Old 01-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I got the Winnebago Vista 36y.... love the floor plan , storage and walk around king bed
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, indoor, storage