Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Houston area Service

We have a Class A and are trying to find someone to do service on the Ford chasis. We live in North Houston. Does anyone know of a Ford Dealer that works on the big rigs? I have found one in Pearland but that is 2 hours away. Any tips would be very helpful.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #2

try demontrond rv on I-45n

Old 12-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If all you need is regular chassis service, lube, oil, etc I would use the RV Mobile Lube guys at http://www.rvmobilelube.com/ ... I've used them out from Houston, but they have a unit based right there. They did a great job for a reasonable price for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would avoid Demontron...Long waits for service time and high $$$$$$.

Try calling PPL Motorhomes.

Ken
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #5

I have experienced long quoted waits at PPL and find RV Masters the best in Houston for service

thanks for the RV mobile lube link, that will be useful rather than having to deal with getting my rig to RV Masters just for an oil change
Old 01-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
try calling Wendel at 281-359-4422 he owns and operates a complete RV service center a block off US 59 north and Kingwood dr in Kingwood (northeast Houston) Texas. I just can't remember the name of his company. He worked on all of my trailers and now maintains my Newmar DP. He is fair and as far as I can tell does good work. He is very popular locally so make sure you get a committment of when the work will be completed. Tell his wife Suzy that Deacon Dave sent you!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 RV Masters
Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryljones View Post
Does anyone know of a Ford Dealer that works on the big rigs?
I'm a little confused by the responses you've received. If you're looking for a Ford dealer that works on motorhomes, I can't help you. If you're looking for a general RV service facility, I'd highly recommend Thornton's RV Repair and Service in Magnolia.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The only place that I know of that used to work on large Ford truck chassis in the area is
Chastang

Ken
Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lots of good suggestions. Thanks

We have a Chasis that keeps popping and we were told by camping world (where we bought it) that they can not work on the chasis but that we should have it looked at. Problem is no one has a lift for RV's in the area except for Demontrond and the wait time is so long it could be months before we got our RV back. It is all under the original warranty since we bought it new so the price is of no concern I just do not want to be with our our rig for that long.

I would love to find a certified Ford Dealer but does not look like that is going to happen in Houston anyway.

happy New Year and thanks again for some wonderful suggestions.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #11

The two Ford Truck service centers in Houston are Mak Haik on Katy Frwy at Gessner and Tommie Vaughn down on Sheppard in the Heights.

I have had work done at Mak Haik several times and they do work on motorhomes and other large trucks.

For more general repairs, suggest Cillis Auto Care on Schroeder Rd.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just an update, we called Mac Haik and they no longer work on RV's. Vaughn said bring it down and we will get to it when we can, just leave it here. Much like Demontrond no way of knowing how long it will set there.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #13

Drove by Mak Haik this morning, they still have school busses, bob trucks and motorhomes on the back lot for service.

If they refused you service, I suggest you call Ford Truck customer service and have them get you an appointment. Even Vaughn will give you an estimated ETA and its not weeks, its usually within a few days.

Houston is not the sticks, getting a Ford truck serviced should not be rocket science. I've never had trouble in the past.