Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #141

As far as RV site availability goes... We plan as far ahead as we can and we spend a lot of time on campgroundreviews.com. We look at possible RV parks using Google maps. We call the RV park if there is any question. This has worked for us so far.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:43 AM   #142

More sage advise from all those doing it. I greatly appreciate it. I cant begin to tell you how much I’ve learned in the last four or five months. I’m overseas now, back home in February. Plan on going to the Jacksonville RV show as I will have missed the big Tampa one. We’ve pretty much decided on a Dutch Star, a 4369 to be specific, but are still open to others at this point. Trying to determine which dealer, probably NIRVC in ATL, or one in central Florida, all about equal distant from Savannah. Going over toad options, but will more that likely stick with the F150 we currently have at least for awhile. Studying for my radio technician license while I’m away from home, and learning in depth about every syestem, mods and troubleshooting. Hope all of you fine folks have a wonderful and safe Christmas and Happy New Years.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeufelWolf View Post
More sage advise from all those doing it. I greatly appreciate it. I cant begin to tell you how much I’ve learned in the last four or five months. I’m overseas now, back home in February. Plan on going to the Jacksonville RV show as I will have missed the big Tampa one. We’ve pretty much decided on a Dutch Star, a 4369 to be specific, but are still open to others at this point. Trying to determine which dealer, probably NIRVC in ATL, or one in central Florida, all about equal distant from Savannah. Going over toad options, but will more that likely stick with the F150 we currently have at least for awhile. Studying for my radio technician license while I’m away from home, and learning in depth about every syestem, mods and troubleshooting. Hope all of you fine folks have a wonderful and safe Christmas and Happy New Years.
You and your family as well!
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:51 AM   #144

First Post on the Subject;

Quote:
Wife and I are new to this, so I dont know anything and readily admit that. We’re looking for a Class A to live and travel in extensively 8-9 months a year in all seasons. The most important thing to me is quality workmanship and equipment. We have a 250-300k budget for the purchase and would like to get something new or close to it. Not in any rush to buy and definitely don’t want to until I have a reasonable amount of information to make the best decisions possible. Is my budget sufficient, and where do I start to effectively be able to narrow down at least manufacturers? Appreciate any advise or guidance.
Last Post - Where are we Now???????????

Quote:
More sage advise from all those doing it. I greatly appreciate it. I cant begin to tell you how much I’ve learned in the last four or five months. I’m overseas now, back home in February. Plan on going to the Jacksonville RV show as I will have missed the big Tampa one. We’ve pretty much decided on a Dutch Star, a 4369 to be specific, but are still open to others at this point. Trying to determine which dealer, probably NIRVC in ATL, or one in central Florida, all about equal distant from Savannah. Going over toad options, but will more that likely stick with the F150 we currently have at least for awhile. Studying for my radio technician license while I’m away from home, and learning in depth about every system, mods and troubleshooting. Hope all of you fine folks have a wonderful and safe Christmas and Happy New Years.
Just checking in - Hoping you are continuing to take your time and "Make and Educated Decision".

Best of Luck,

------
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #145

Ford Super Duty Owner
We went to the Phoenix RV Show last week at the State Farm arena (hosted on by La Mesa RV) We looked at several new Bounders and Southwinds on F53 chassis for under $130k. Very nice.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #146

I would say with that kind of a budget you can fly or drive to PPL in TEXAS and walk through and drive plenty Class A's all day and if nothing else it will give you an idea what you do & don't want -THEN I would look for a private owner with good records, pay a reputable inspector and I think you will end up OK
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #147

Well, haven’t posted in a while. Here’s what’s going on, we’ve pretty much decided on a new Dutch Star, found a good dealer, then we went to FMCA in Perry GA. American Coach really caught our eye. Now I’m doing some research into them, to compare with Newmar. Comfort drive keeps tipping the scales though. Thoughts and opinions are definitely sought.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #148

Quote:
Well, haven’t posted in a while. Here’s what’s going on, we’ve pretty much decided on a new Dutch Star, found a good dealer, then we went to FMCA in Perry GA. American Coach really caught our eye. Now I’m doing some research into them, to compare with Newmar. Comfort drive keeps tipping the scales though. Thoughts and opinions are definitely sought.
JMHO, I’d look at used - seriously doubt you will make all the best decisions on your first try. Speaking from my own experience, I can’t tell you how much I learned after I thought I knew all I could know 😃 I thought I k new after 5 years of of research and planning all about what I wanted/needed but not even close.

I went on the road, did a coast to coast trip and things were fine, actually they were pretty Good. Then after I used it more for the way I intended then I learned what I Really Needed/Wanted so a few years later we had it built the way we wanted.

Now after 14 years the only thing I’d change was the option I asked for but they had never done - Heated Floors. So when many of us suggest that you should consider used and then after a few years go order yourself the last Coach.

Just s thought,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #149

American Coach Owners Club
Check out www.mhsrv.com . I have no affiliation with them, but their prices are good. They are also next to a factory REV Group (American Coach) service center.

We have a 2008 American Eagle and love it. The woodwork in this coach is second to none at this price range. Spartan chassis, and Cummins engine, have so far worked good. There have been a couple hiccups, but overall the coach is solid.

We have a residential fridge and Aqua-hot. Still have the original 2 burner propane stove. Haven't filled the propane tank in 2 years. Whatever coach maker you decide on, get the Aqua-hot. Engine preheat, unlimited hot water, and zoned heat, make it worthwhile. I service my own once a year.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Wanderer View Post
Check out www.mhsrv.com . I have no affiliation with them, but their prices are good. They are also next to a factory REV Group (American Coach) service center.

We have a 2008 American Eagle and love it. The woodwork in this coach is second to none at this price range. Spartan chassis, and Cummins engine, have so far worked good. There have been a couple hiccups, but overall the coach is solid.

We have a residential fridge and Aqua-hot. Still have the original 2 burner propane stove. Haven't filled the propane tank in 2 years. Whatever coach maker you decide on, get the Aqua-hot. Engine preheat, unlimited hot water, and zoned heat, make it worthwhile. I service my own once a year.

The service center next to MHSRV in Texas is no longer owned by REV. I believe it is now Camping World
sfergie631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #151

Quote:
Wife and I are new to this, so I dont know anything and readily admit that. We’re looking for a Class A to live and travel in extensively 8-9 months a year in all seasons. The most important thing to me is quality workmanship and equipment. We have a 250-300k budget for the purchase and would like to get something new or close to it. Not in any rush to buy and definitely don’t want to until I have a reasonable amount of information to make the best decisions possible. Is my budget sufficient, and where do I start to effectively be able to narrow down at least manufacturers? Appreciate any advise or guidance.
Didn't want to read 150 post

What did you purchase?
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #152

Thanks, just started looking.
1jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
JMHO, I’d look at used - seriously doubt you will make all the best decisions on your first try. Speaking from my own experience, I can’t tell you how much I learned after I thought I knew all I could know [emoji2] I thought I k new after 5 years of of research and planning all about what I wanted/needed but not even close.

I went on the road, did a coast to coast trip and things were fine, actually they were pretty Good. Then after I used it more for the way I intended then I learned what I Really Needed/Wanted so a few years later we had it built the way we wanted.

Now after 14 years the only thing I’d change was the option I asked for but they had never done - Heated Floors. So when many of us suggest that you should consider used and then after a few years go order yourself the last Coach.

Just s thought,

1000% sound advise. We are on our 4th RV in 3 years. We went used at first and fine tuned what was important to have and what wasn’t. We finally feel our current bus is a keeper.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:39 AM   #154

We were at Perry. Thought we wanted a Newmar until we started looking. Flush floor slides with all tile are xery nice. Drawback is lack of cabinet space and lvery low slide celings. We traded out 2012 Diplomat 43 for a 2016 American Eagle. I am 6’1” tall and can stand up in the slides

Tags
class a