Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
With this coach the auto level works great. So I auto level. Generally OK. Then I'll open bathroom door 1/2 way. If it don't move I'm good. If bath door or Frig door move just tweak with manual level.

Russell
x2. You and I musta gone to different schools together!
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #30

It requires that first the rig must be leveled on a flat surface (or nearly flat) before applying any bubble level indicators.
Parking lot, driveway, etc.

It can be done using a good carpenters level used along the front, back and sides of the rig.
Level the rig until the carpenters level says it's level - front to back and side to side.
Then apply the stick-on bubble level indicators.

Once you've done that, you can always tell how level your rig is on various terrain by using the bubble level indicators.
bighatnohors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Place a marble on your counter top. If it stays put you are level.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #32

My leveler indicator goes green.
Close enuff.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #33

Spirit Level Plus app on my phone to back up my auto leveler.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #34

I like your humor.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
It's level when my wife says it's level.
And that's the final word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
I have a small round bubble level near my leveler controller, and I fine tune side to side with the shower door.
I also mounted a small round bubble level near the jack control pad. That gets me close, then DW half-opens the bathroom door and tells me which way it swings. I tweak it, and when she's happy that the door doesn't swing open or shut by itself, then I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
You only have to lay down in bed with your head down lower than your feet once to realize the most important level is the bed. I always look at the fridge, too, although not really sure if this is still a big deal or not.
The refrigerator being reasonably level is still important, as long as you have a propane/electric unit. But they are more tolerant of slopes than many consider: some aren't happy unless a bubble level in the fridge is perfectly centered, while in reality they are far less sensitive than that. Like you say, the bed is much more important: if you're comfortable laying on the bed, then it's fine for the fridge. Most fridge's say 3 degrees side-to-side which is really front-to-back for the coach. For a 40' coach, that means one end has to be over 2 feet higher/lower than the other end before it's a problem for the fridge! Most people would consider even a foot difference to be very uncomfortable, but the fridge will be fine with it. Level is not really important if you have a residential style unit with a compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCajun View Post
I let auto level do it's thing.
For me, auto level usually does OK making it level, but it tends to raise things up higher than it needs to be. I can usually do a better job manually, and when done the coach is several inches lower, making that first step into the coach much easier.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you use an iPhone, the compass includes a bubble level. Just place it on the floor.

There is also a free iPhone app, called RV Companion Free, It includes a 2-axis bubble level that's easy to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
....I fine tune side to side with the shower door.....
My personal trick for side to side is when the kitchen slide out cutting board extension no longer closes on itself, it's level enough. However, the "auto" button on my Lippert system is usually dead on.
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
I use a torpedo level on the table or floor ..

Same here. Torpedo level on the kitchen countertop. Level stores in a kitchen drawer.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post

For me, auto level usually does OK making it level, but it tends to raise things up higher than it needs to be. I can usually do a better job manually, and when done the coach is several inches lower, making that first step into the coach much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Same here. Torpedo level on the kitchen countertop. Level stores in a kitchen drawer.
I feel the same, auto level has a mind of it's own. I always do mine manually and the coach sits a few inches lower. I also use the little level on countertop or floor then put it back in the kitchen drawer. Done it this way for many years.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #39

Is it level?No sir. Can you see the bubble?Yes sir.Good enough.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
x2. You and I musta gone to different schools together!

The school of hard knocks. I guess!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #41

First level your RV, then find a door that will stay put when open. From then on all you need to do to determine if your RV is level is open that door. Any closer to level than that is irrelevant.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
we don't have the auto level system like some. have tried the finger method but could not figure out if it was from inside out outside coach? use levels and always still check frig,b.room or entry door method. has worked well for years.
ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote