Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #29

"Are we married to the same person? Just yesterday I removed all of the rocks from the basement storage and put them on the dining room table in the house. She said "what are all of these dirty rocks doing on my table "? I said these were in the coach basement storage bins from the rocks you picked up along the way". She then said "pretty aren't they". I said "Yes Dear"."

Bigd9: It's called "ballast".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 07:51 AM   #30

So.. quick funny story on storage bins..

My buddy bought his first ever motorhome a few months back. 36 ft. All proud as a peacock, he shows me the unit. On all the cabinets and storage bins I notice round white marking dots with numbers. I'm looking a little puzzled and asked.. what up?
He shows me his sheet that lists everything in the motorhome and the corresponding number of the bin it is in. OMG!
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
So your wife is a geologist? That's really cool. You should try and steer her field of studies to the volcanic rocks, they are usually much lighter
I'm thinking maybe moon rocks.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
What's with wives and rocks? Mine collects rock too, including when we did long road trips riding two-up on our motorcycle. I like the idea of the dedicated bin as they are currently scattered about the coach including the many recently washed rocks drying on the kitchen counter.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #33

Being from Texas I keep two storage compartments loaded with mesquite and pecan wood for the grill and the camp fire at night. A camp fire is a gotta have. I use my old Weber grill and not the gas. Btw, you can really pack the storage in. Several compartments are for food storage including water. Dunno why I pack the water though, but the kids like it. And so far no problems with dust, vamits or bugs. The many inside cabinets are also useful and not full. We would stay it in FT but my son and grand kids (living with me) are still in school. Our fire pit also fits in one very easily, of the storage compartments. I still have some compartments that could use and hold more items. Just give me time, lol. /Mikey
Old 04-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
DW has one basement section dedicated to rocks. Nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Are we married to the same person? Just yesterday I removed all of the rocks from the basement storage and put them on the dining room table in the house. She said "what are all of these dirty rocks doing on my table "? I said these were in the coach basement storage bins from the rocks you picked up along the way". She then said "pretty aren't they". I said "Yes Dear".

Now back to the OP. Our storage bins are mostly full and sorted. Hiking backpacks and assorted gear in one, swimming gear in another, work tools etc etc. The inside areas are all hers. I get one Walmart bag to put my clothing in and she gets the closets to fill.....or at least it seems that way to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta3 View Post
Your DW has her own rock bin?
Wait till I tell DH. He pretty much lets me have all the rocks I want, but I must load them myself. I am seriously strong but it is still a challenge sometime.
All this talk of rocks, I just keep hearing a voice from my childhood "what do you think would happen if everyone that came here took home some rocks?!" (also repeated with shells, flowers, etc...). Would have been nice to know you all back then, as I would have had an answer for him!
kdzgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #35

I keep a pass through open in case she really gets mad at me: then I could sleep there!!
don10autos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #36

All ours are pretty full. We have trouble finding places to carry everything we want. Didn't have that problem with our Grand Junction 40' 5er, even carrying everything we wanted there were still empty drawers and cabinets in that 5er. Both that 5er and our MH are under GVWR. It's just that a MH has so much less storage space, but we're getting used to it now.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, class a