Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #15

Many of them will drop quite fast my bet is your using auto level to level which often pushes the coach much higher than needed. This makes it drop hard when coming down. Several companies have tried putting flow restricters in the lines to slow the drop but they fail and then your stuck up. Sadly auto level is not the way to level I have not yet found a system that will level as low as I can manually and I can level it the exact or near exact level every time. No auto system can do that even in high end systems on a flat concrete floor you can level it 10 times and it will never level the same each time will be slightly different.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for all of the answers - even the one that caught my bad description. Got quite a laugh from it. Always enjoy poking fun. I like to dish it out and dont mind when I get it back, especially if I set myself up.

The shop has been testing our system thoroughly under direction of the Lippert Tech at the factory. The Lippert Lad (Tech) has been over and has decided that all 4 jacks need to be replaced. Says they are too noisy. I am not sure what that means except we are a couple more days in service.

To date I have never used the auto leveling system. Our tech discouraged that during the orientation training. I spent several years as a survey crew chief so understand the principles of making things level. I surveyed when instruments were all manual and can recall a time when the level image was upside down.

Hopefully the new jacks will solve the issues. Parts today, installation tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Thanks for all of the answers - even the one that caught my bad description. Got quite a laugh from it. Always enjoy poking fun. I like to dish it out and dont mind when I get it back, especially if I set myself up.

The shop has been testing our system thoroughly under direction of the Lippert Tech at the factory. The Lippert Lad (Tech) has been over and has decided that all 4 jacks need to be replaced. Says they are too noisy. I am not sure what that means except we are a couple more days in service.

To date I have never used the auto leveling system. Our tech discouraged that during the orientation training. I spent several years as a survey crew chief so understand the principles of making things level. I surveyed when instruments were all manual and can recall a time when the level image was upside down.

Hopefully the new jacks will solve the issues. Parts today, installation tomorrow.
All I have ever used is the Auto Level. Hope you get it worked out.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Gordon..I have the same problem...sometimes! Lazydays tech told me that they had replaced the pump in a number of coaches...but now Lippert wanted a video of the "drop"... Of course my coach behaved. Lippert was at the irv2 rally in myrtle beach last month...field rep came to my coach...yup you guessed it...smooth and easy decline.... Another tech told me a flapper valve, that moves back and forth sticks till the pressure build up and forces it to allow fluid to flow in reverse...thus the drop...of course I also have the Lippert slide rattle too... But that's another story...
ditto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
They are replacing the jacks as I type this. Winnebago was gracious enough to pull a set of jacks out of the production line. Not sure if it will effect them but it sure helps us out.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks