Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_D View Post
I am new to RV's and my used rig is missing most of the manuals. When I hit store on the jacks it feels like I am crashing to the ground. It is a little unsettling. Maybe I am just too green. I know they are HWH, I know they have two huge springs on them, but I do not know what model jacks they are. I sent a email to Tiffin to see if they could tell me what jacks they installed on it. I haven't heard back yet. Is this normal? Or do I have a problem?

Until I figure out the model, so I can get a manual, do you let your air springs fully inflate before you hit store? Should the RV crash to the ground?

2001 Allegro Bus 37TP on 2000 Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 3126B engine
Uber_D Had the same problem with my HWH jacks with a 610 system which did not have the velocity valves. Ordered from HWH, installed and now a nice controlled store. Simple install unscrew hose screw velocity valve on than screw hose on velocity valve. Done with jacks stored to remove pressure in hoses.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #16

Several mentions of raise before store. On my 2003 Tiffin I start the engine and allow it to BUILD full air pressure (an alarm and light are interlocked for this). Only with full air (also means brakes!) do I then use the HWH manual control panel to utilize the store function. The air bags fully inflated should prevent the sudden drop you describe upon storing the jacks.

As for information, back in the good old Bob works here days a visit to the office in Red Bay service center could get a complete list including all work done to MoHo by previous owners. What an eye opener that can be. Doubt if available other than in person; and new mgr (Tiffin son) may not be as buyer friendly.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #17

I always start the engine and let the air bags inflate all the way before hitting the "Store" button........If I don't, the bus seems to crash the way you describe......
I know of people that have had their windshields pop out of their gaskets or break all together............If the air bags are full and the chassis is as high as it can be the "crash" is minimized..........

John
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkdwitch View Post
Several mentions of raise before store. On my 2003 Tiffin I start the engine and allow it to BUILD full air pressure (an alarm and light are interlocked for this). Only with full air (also means brakes!) do I then use the HWH manual control panel to utilize the store function. The air bags fully inflated should prevent the sudden drop you describe upon storing the jacks.

As for information, back in the good old Bob works here days a visit to the office in Red Bay service center could get a complete list including all work done to MoHo by previous owners. What an eye opener that can be. Doubt if available other than in person; and new mgr (Tiffin son) may not be as buyer friendly.
The manual on the 610 says start engine, allow pressure to build in springs, then store. I don't have a raise button, not sure what that does. HWH has quite a good website with every manual they have published on it. They have both operation manuals and service manuals. I wish all manuals were this easy to get at.
Uber_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

If they go "all up" in 5 seconds, I think you have a problem. The jack control valves normally won't pass hydraulic fluid that quickly, thus inherently slowing the process. I wonder if somebody replaced your jack valves with a larger size that is letting it fall so quickly?

A call to HWH is probably in order.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote