Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #15
National RV Owners Club
Just a few things to keep in mind when looking at other MHs, dual pane or single pane windows, width of dinning table, access to dinnette storage under seats (drawers or remove coushions), amount of overhead storage, access to under bed storage (drawers or raise bed) fiberglass or solid foam insulation in walls and ceiling, automatic transfer switch, 3 way water heater, size of basement storage.
I read tons of posts here and at rv.net which really help to educate me prior to buying. The folks here are more positive in their responces though.
Also look for a sticker in one of the cabinets or in the closet that shows the CCC, (cargo carry capacity) which is how much 'stuff' you can carry with you on trips. Everything from dishes and clothes to chairs and BBQs. It all adds up quickly.
Finally check the dates on the tires. They may have plenty of tread but be out of date, generally 7-10 years is the max. The date will be in a small oval imprinted on one side of the tire, something like 02-10, which is Feb 2010 manufacture date. So add 7 years to that and the tires should be replaced by 02-17. You don't want to buy a MH and find out you need to spend big bucks to replase all the tires.
Let us know what you decide and good luck looking.

Steve & Jeri
2004 Dolphin 5342
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4X4
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #16
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Originally Posted by Belgian View Post
If you buy a National on the Workhorse chassis make sure the two main recalls have been completed, 1. fuel pressure regulator 2. Front brake calipers. Both no charge. __________________
I guess Cummins (or Cat) would have made that recall?

Mel & Kate
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
[IBe yourself. Everyone else is already taken.[/I]
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #17
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Originally Posted by SteveL1948 View Post
Even though I have mine for sale on here I agree with trode! The quality in my opinion is excellent. My 2003 doesn't have all the bells and whistle but for quality I put it right up there with some of the higher end gas units. Don't know about the DP's if that's what your looking for but I'm sure someone on here knows about those also. If your looking for a gas mine is listed in the classifieds on here and the only reason I'm selling is because I have gotten older and we are wanting to downsize and I refuse to let a dealer give me wholesale on a trade for it. Good luck in your hunt!
Thanks for your input. We are looking for a diesel coach, and will certainly look at Nationals.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #18
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Thanks for your input. We are looking for a diesel coach, and will certainly look at Nationals.
Glad to help and I think once you look at some Nationals you will understand why most everyone on here is happy with there unit! If you know anyone looking for a gas unit please send them my way and I will sell mine for a very resonable offer. Good luck and enjoy your search!
Semper Fi, Steve
SteveL1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There's also over 2,800 happy National RV owners of the National RV Owners forum on Yahoo groups.

Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis with tag axle, Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote