Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #29
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Wow, let's see I've had 2 motor homes (class A's) The first was a 2007 Monaco Dynasty (great coach) kept it for 1 year and then moved up to our current coach, a 2008 Monaco Signature Series. I guess I'll keep this for a while, of course those Marathon's are looking really nice.

Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #30
1. 25' Class a Explorer(440 power) bad floor plan - 2 years
2. 26' Class A Pace Arrow(440 power) needed a complete re-skin - 2 years
3. 30' Class A Apollo(440 power) wanted a larger coach with a slide - 2 years

I think there is a trend here...

My FIL is a big 440 fan. We have both owned 440 powered sand rails (he built them) and he is currently building a 440 powered Jeep Wrangler and older (60's) Dodge truck and he had a 440 powered restored Vogue MH.

We decided to go for the least expensive DP we could get with a slide, levelers, a big block, mechanical fuel pump (simplicity and reliability), air susp./brakes etc. The current one is a '98 Gulfstream Sun Voyager Bus - Platinum Edition. It is nice and I have already taken care of long overdue services (more planned ) and made some upgrades.

It isn't perfect...but then neither am I...

My DW likes it and while there are a LOT of things I would do different, for now it suits us fine. Someday we may go for a multi-slide 40' unit with hardwood cabinets and all the bells and whistles but...we are just happy to be able to have and use this one for now...and repairs/upgrades/fixes are "usually" cheaper than a new payment.

1998 Gulfstream 36' Sun Voyager Bus Platinum
quikduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #31
1st was a Class C...factory demo unit for Born Free. Kept it 8 months (too small and lot of issues with stuff breaking).

Current is 2008 Allegro Bus. We have had it 15 months and plan on keeping it a while.

Can't imagine taking the depreciation hit every couple of years trading coaches.
2008 Allegro Bus, 42ft QDP, 2007 Spartan chassis, RS3000 Xantrex inverter, 2001 Acura MDX Toad, Blue Ox baseplate, Blue Ox Aventa LX towbar, SMI Silent Partner, Toad Charge, Cobra WX75, Garmin GPS/XM
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This response really takes some thought for us old folks!! Like so many others who now own RVs, we started out back packing, tenting, pop up trailer, etc. We bought our first MH in 1979, and our 5th in 2006:

l979 - Fleetwood Tioga Class C - 23 ft = 9 years
1987 - Winnebago Super Chief - 36 ft = 1 1/2 years
1989 - Winnebago (Itasca - Windcruiser) 35 ft = 9 years
1998 - Winnebago (Itasca - Sunflyer) 35 ft = 8 years
2006 - Winnebago Adventurer 33V W20 Chassis = 2 + years so far.

This will probably be our last inasmuch as I am rapidly approaching 78 years of age - and I hope I have the good sense to quit driving a MH before I become a danger to myself and particularly to others. Thus far I feel completely comfortable behind the wheel and have no incidents of any kind, but we all know how quickly things can change as we age.

Our motor homing experiences have been the absolute hightlights of our off duty life - we just returned from a 6 week, 4500 mile venture out west and treasured every minute.

Happy trails to all.
2005 Winnebago Adventurer 33RV | 2004 WH W20 Chassis | 2010 Honda CR-V Toad
USAF Ret June 1990 | 42 years continuous Active Duty
49 States | 10 Provinces | 50 years RVing
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #33
1 88 Winneabgo Super Chief - 3 years

2 2000 Damon Ultrasport - 8 years and counting.

I don't intend to replace the Damon. It should last about as long as I do or longer. I don't see any other model that is that attractive to me.

Jim Walker
N Virginia
2014 Palazzo 33.2
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote