Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #15

How long is a piece of string?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Selling TIme

I've had both good and bad experiences.

The BAD - too many scam contacts, but you have to live with them. I found that by stating buyer must pick up locally reduced the scammers.

The GOOD - The last MH gasser sold in 4 hours but pickup and payment was delayed do to unforeseen problems on the buyers side but it worked out great.

KEYs I learned - PICTURES are essential and they need to be of good quality so people can see. Make sure the unit is clean and no junk setting around which may mean you have to unload the cabinets, etc. before taking your pictures. Take more than you think you will use in your ad because people will normally ask for more.

DESCRIPTION - I downloaded the manufacturer's brochure for my unit and posted it to the ad for people to look at.
I enumerated all the special things my unit had that the brochure listed as options and made sure I had pictures to back up my statement.
I stated that I had ALL service documentation since my ownership and manuals which will be provided purchaser. (This is a pretty important item which I find many are missing.)

Since you state that you want to downsize I recommend find the dealer that has the unit you want and see what his best offer is. Several years ago I had a 12 month old gasser that we just didn't like. DW wanted to go back to a Pickup and TT. Found the unit we liked so asked dealer. We traded the MH for their trailer, hitch, etc. and a check for $35,000.00. It worked for us but we are back in a motorhome (dream DP).

Last option for quick sale is sell to local dealer. Know your wholesale value which is what a dealer will offer on trade in and most reputable dealers will offer for your unit minus cost of correcting problems. Some may require a pre-inspection. This usually costs a couple of hundred dollars but I would stipulate that you will pay IF they don't buy the unit and if they don't you will get the complete list of what they say needs correcting. Negotiate your selling price PRIOR to the inspection so you'll know what you are looking at.

Hard lessons I've learned so hope they help you navigate this change.

Drive safe - Richard
Old 07-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #17

Sold my old gas PaceArrow on Craigslist in two days
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell