Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #15
Commercial Member

I figure if the guy in front of me is doing THAT good of job on his tanks, then i'll let him work on mine! But the truth is; treat others the way you would like to be treated.

niceguy9605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #16
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I go out of my way to avoid having anyone complain about me being in their way. How? I usually go dump my tanks at a local Cabelas late night, when there's almost zero chance of having someone waiting behind me. Why? I like to clean my tanks really well as my original gauges still work perfectly fine and by flushing them thoroughly, it's my belief they'll keep on working. I generally take upwards of 30-45 minutes to thoroughly dump and flush the black tank twice. If the last campground isn't a FHU, I'll wait till I get home to dump unless there's little chance of me blocking someone at a common dump station on the way out.

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
WOW!! The things a potential newbie can learn on these forums. Can't wait to go dump.....
Old 07-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #18

Maybe, this question should have been directed to the offending party.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:52 AM   #19

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txice View Post
WOW!! The things a potential newbie can learn on these forums. Can't wait to go dump.....

You too will experience the enjoyment of waiting until it is your turn, then the enjoyment of being the offender for the person behind you...
Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #20

The person behind me will not wait more than 5 or 6 minutes - the time it takes me to empty my tanks and get my coach out of the way for the next guy.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a macerator pump that I only use at my winter spot. As I have to pump uphill 30-35' away.
When traveling the 3" slinky hose is used.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
It takes me a couple of hours to dump. I pull the black handle and walk off for about 45 minutes. come back and dump ten gallons of water in the toilet. drain that and do it again. When all the gauges read empty. I move to the gray tank and start over. That is why I put in a dump station at my house. I just bypass the dump station and come home to dump. Three 55 gallon plastic drums and a little gravel have worked flawlessly since the seventies.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #23

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
It takes me a couple of hours to dump. I pull the black handle and walk off for about 45 minutes. come back and dump ten gallons of water in the toilet. drain that and do it again. When all the gauges read empty. I move to the gray tank and start over. That is why I put in a dump station at my house. I just bypass the dump station and come home to dump. Three 55 gallon plastic drums and a little gravel have worked flawlessly since the seventies.

In the city, it would not be allowed, but if I was in the county, I have thought that would be a good option....

Regardless, with my macerator, I simply use the sewer clean out... It really works great when at my other site, where I have to pulp up hill and about 150" away from where I am parked. Even with the macerator, it does not take more than 10 or 15 mins to complete the entire job, even with flushing the tanks.

Ted
Old 07-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
5 to 10 minutes from beginning to end tops.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #25

Since I started using the macerator it certailny takes a little longer then it use to, but I only dump when I have to and wait until I get home if possible. Then only time I felt like I was holding anyone up was when I was exiting a campground and stopped to dump, the guy in front of me to an exccessive amount of time. So once I pulled up to dump I tried to be swift as the guy behind me had been there just as long as me at this point. Little did I know that the path to dump was also the only path OUT of the CG!!! The guy behind me didn't even need to dump he was just trying to get out. Crappy CG design right there!!!
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It takes just seconds do drop the primary black followed by the grey. It's the forward smaller black tank on the right hand side that takes about 20 minutes as it operates on a waste pump that transfers the waste from that tank to the dump manifold on the left side.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #27

This new RV takes easily twice as long as any previously owned RV. Don't know why, but I find it annoying and I'm sure whomever is behind me is annoyed, too.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:27 AM   #28

Seems most are considerate of others and try to make it as quick as possible, most but as seen in this thread not all.

Tags
tank