Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2015, 05:40 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
So sorry, I just can't resist asking....is that a simile ??

Dan
Dan, I will leave that interpetation to you but I will add, Well Done.
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:06 AM   #72

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensallyt View Post
CABELAS???? Never knew they had that avail. We have one up near Austin that I will have to check out. Besides walking thru their store is better than any Wal-Mart I've been in.
I don't think the one near Austin has that.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
I don't think the one near Austin has that.
It may not, I've read not all Cabela's have the dump stations.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Yes... How'd you guess.....?

Regardless of who is in front of you, take a break and be patient and considerate of others... Otherwise everything in life is painful for YOU.

I probably was that guy that took too long making a turn, and you had too wait till the next light... I am the one that picked up the only item in the store that didn't have a bar code, and you had to wait for the price check... I'll probably be the one that is in front of you at the pearly gates and they have to read off all the reasons why I should have been excluded because of how I made Dan wait for everything in life, and then let me in the gate anyway, because I had other qualities that made my transgressions inconsequential.... Now that I think about it, that might be the worst purgatory that someone like you would have to suffer, so I'll just apologize now...

Be happy, don't worry...

Ted

I won't worry about meeting you in heaven because they have a special place in hell for you
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
I won't worry about meeting you in heaven because they have a special place in hell for you
and for all the people like you who think they are special and everyone else should wait for them.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #76

Let's stop the personal attacks and get back on the subject, please.
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Let's stop the personal attacks and get back on the subject, please.
Scott with only 61 post you may not have fine tuned your reading here on such a delicate matter as draining your tanks. Look up the word Sarcasm. Doesn't always have to be mean spirited but often funny!

Now back to timing your dumps boys!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder if these timing estimates are like fish stories.....not exactly the truth.

Maybe this should become a competition....WITH videos

Time starts when the drivers foot hits the ground.
Time stops when they re-enter the coach.
Then I think we need both Singles and Doubles (when you assist the DW) categories.
Then for those with the big families, should there be a team category....would your kids really help

Lastly we need the "Unlimited" category. This would allow vacuum/pressure assisted draining and high pressure tank flushing (unlimited PSI). Proper safety equipment must be worn if explosives are used and debris must be contained within a 50ft radius of the sewer connection.

Regards,

Dan
Old 07-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
About 5 minutes is all i spend draining tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #80

Reminds me of the Christmas Story when to Dad times how long it takes him to change the tire.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #81

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not going to bash comments or be long winded, 10 to 15 minutes and done.
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
I wonder if these timing estimates are like fish stories.....not exactly the truth.

Maybe this should become a competition....WITH videos

Time starts when the drivers foot hits the ground.
Time stops when they re-enter the coach.
Then I think we need both Singles and Doubles (when you assist the DW) categories.
Then for those with the big families, should there be a team category....would your kids really help

Lastly we need the "Unlimited" category. This would allow vacuum/pressure assisted draining and high pressure tank flushing (unlimited PSI). Proper safety equipment must be worn if explosives are used and debris must be contained within a 50ft radius of the sewer connection.

Regards,

Dan

An airline mechanic told me a story of a blockage in the lav tank drain. They hooked the dump hose to the cart and then closed up the airplane and pressurized it. When the blockage gave way (a small water bottle someone put in the toilet) it blew the lid off the service cart and blue juice went everywhere.

1994 Holiday Rambler Navigator
Cummins 8.3
Allison MD3060
GA Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #83

I'm a newbie and adding mods for our upcoming 3,000+ mile trip. First I bought one of those wand thingies, but bought a Camco Tornado which I will install as soon as I get my black tank cleaned out. Any advice here?
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:35 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyMan View Post
I'm a newbie and adding mods for our upcoming 3,000+ mile trip. First I bought one of those wand thingies, but bought a Camco Tornado which I will install as soon as I get my black tank cleaned out. Any advice here?
My advice is to be considerate and use the gadgets at home or anytime that people aren't waiting on you to finish up at the dumps station.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank