Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #85

I get that, I just read the thread. What I meant was, are there potential pitfalls installing this system. Anybody have experience installing and using the Camco Tornado? Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #86

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyMan View Post
I'm a newbie and adding mods for our upcoming 3,000+ mile trip. First I bought one of those wand thingies, but bought a Camco Tornado which I will install as soon as I get my black tank cleaned out. Any advice here?

I want to apologize for the rude comment above, it does not reflect the larger iRV2 family.

I am not familiar with that product, but I'd advise creating another post for your question.

It appears that some folks on this post are not very friendly and have very little patience or respect for newbies. Regardless, you will find that most of the camping community, and those that are in the main iRV2 family are more tolerant and will be happy to help you and give real advice.

I've also found that some posts, like this one, tend to attract those folks that are less helpful, and those that are not patient or respectful of others, and seam to only find reasons to complain about others versus lending a helpful hand.

Ted

Old 07-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I want to apologize for the rude comment above, it does not reflect the larger iRV2 family.

I am not familiar with that product, but I'd advise creating another post for your question.

It appears that some folks on this post are not very friendly and have very little patience or respect for newbies. Regardless, you will find that most of the camping community, and those that are in the main iRV2 family are more tolerant and will be happy to help you and give real advice.

I've also found that some posts, like this one, tend to attract those folks that are less helpful, and those that are not patient or respectful of others, and seam to only find reasons to complain about others versus lending a helpful hand.
Ted
Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts. I guess that statement has fallen by the wayside for some.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #88

It seems that this forum is full of helpful people and ideas. It also seems that this forum has its share of elites that have nothing better to do than criticize fellow campers. They seem to criticize those that bring kids to a campground, have to leave early to get back to work, have issues at the dump site, and actually have to drive more than 3 hours a day to make a vacation work.

Easy up folks. Life is to short to worry about this stuff.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #89

Newmar Owners Club
When I first started the learning curve with the 5th wheel, it took me at least 15 - 20 minutes. My methods and equipment have improved drastically over time. Now I can do it without tank flush in around 5-6 min, if everything is close and convenient. I coil and compress my 2 x 10' slinkys in a 5 gal bucket and snap the lid on it. No worries about trying to flush the hose there. I can use the 5 gal bucket to fill it with clorox and water at home to soak and sanitize everything.

I installed a RV dump station for my grandmother when we built our house. She had a Class C that she would come and stay for long visits. She RV'd solo unti she was 80. This was 15 years prior to us getting our 1st RV. It has paid off and I can take all the time I want to flush my tanks when I get home. Since building the RV carport, the dump is a little further away and I need to extend the line closer so I don't have to use 30' of hose. It's on the "when I can get to it" list.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #90

Quote:

Ted
Please don't apologize For things that I say that YOU think are rude. The thread was about length of time to dump tanks, and the question was vague. I assumed that it had to do with length of time to dump tanks. These gadgets will increase the time to take care of the tanks. My suggestion was to not use them at the dump station, and that was all.

As far as patience, I have plenty when appropriate. When waiting for people who clearly know what they are doing, and choose to waste everybody's time because they are all about them, my patience does start to run thin. When someone is struggling with something or needs help, I'm all about helping.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #91

Quote:
I'm the one in front of you.... Sorry, but I do my thing my way, you do yours your way... Life is too short to get overly concerned about the small things...
How long is too long then? If someone is messing around for 30 minutes, is that too long? Your attitude towards those who are waiting behind you is, well, interesting. And common today.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #92

Geez, from some if these posts it seems like the five minute types have unreasonable expectations. I hope my earlier post about the seemingly excessive time it takes my RV to drain inferred I take too much time. I'm very fast at the dump having done it for years, but the stuff seems to take forever draining out and I'd never do a flush if someone were waiting. I'm going to time myself next time. Guess if your tanks allow you to finish in five (which I doubt) anyone who takes longer is the devil?
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #93

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
How long is too long then? If someone is messing around for 30 minutes, is that too long? Your attitude towards those who are waiting behind you is, well, interesting. And common today.

I take what ever time I need. I don't time it either. I have never intentionally taken any longer then the time needed.

I also don't time the people in front of me, I simply wait my turn. If the person ahead of me happened to be a newbie, or if someone needs help, I will be happy to offer a hand. I don't criticize them if they take longer than I might. I simply don't believe that they are being inconsiderate, just because they take longer than it might take me. I always try to be considerate of others.

Unfortunately, there are some folks that think that if you are in front of them in line, regardless of what time you take to do the job at hand, you are the in their way and therefore you are being inconsiderate of them. They never recognize that they may be the one that is being inconsiderate of the person that are criticizing.

You simply will not please everyone. Some folks find that life is all about them. That is not my thing. I will continue to do what I believe is the necessary for me, you do what is necessary for you. I will take what ever time I need, you take what ever time you need. Regardless of how I do things, or what amount of time it takes, I probably will not change it, because it is what I believe is best for me.

If someone has a good tip, and I think it will help or make my dump process faster, I may do it their way, but on the other and, I may not, if I think that it is not the way I want to do the process. Some folks cut corners, and that may be the way they do things, but when it come to my equipment and my piece of mind in regard to cleanliness and/or care for my storage tanks, I will do what I believe to be the correct method.

You can be as critical of me as you wish, but frankly, you don't know me, you don't know how much time I take, you have no idea what my process is.

I am happy with my dump process, you are happy with yours.

Have a great life. Be happy, don't worry. Life is too short to be so concerned about everyone else, you have enough to do to be concerned about yourself and how you can treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Ted
Old 07-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #94

Entegra Owners Club
I am not a fan of mancerators at a public dump site. Sounds like you got behind one. I have also been there. I try to skip public dump sites for that reason.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Navigator View Post
An airline mechanic told me a story of a blockage in the lav tank drain. They hooked the dump hose to the cart and then closed up the airplane and pressurized it. When the blockage gave way (a small water bottle someone put in the toilet) it blew the lid off the service cart and blue juice went everywhere.....
No pun intended, but that qualifies as a "no s@&t" story.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
... no hurry, no rush, you can wax your rhino if you want....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
So sorry, I just can't resist asking....is that a simile ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
Dan, I will leave that interpetation to you but I will add, Well Done.
Actually, it's a metaphor. An ....unusual one, but a metaphor nonetheless.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #97

Monaco Owners Club
All this reminds me of the time I went to dump at the double lane station on the BLM land south of Quartzite. I had pulled in and started to dump when in comes a motor home in the other lane. Guy gets out, puts rock on lid, pulls both valves, no hoses, whoosh, I had to jump up on the curb. Guy closes valves standing on the curb, jumps back in his motor home and leaves. Didn,t bother to take the rock off the drain. It took him maybe 30 seconds. Meanwhile I spent the next 30 minutes recovering my hoses and washing down the entire area.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 PM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I'm the one in front of you.... Sorry, but I do my thing my way, you do yours your way... Life is too short to get overly concerned about the small things...

Hi Ted, I was the one behind you that brought out my lawn chair while you minced about doing your dumping exercise ! Your a hoot to watch.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank