Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2015, 04:28 AM   #29

I'd guess at 10 minutes counting getting out hose and then storing. The black tank is fast but a thorough dump of grey is a bit slower. I don't mind waiting ... I figure I should have gotten there sooner ... like any other line.

I don't waste time though ... I move as quickly as possible and, if necessary, I tidy up out of the way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2015, 05:22 AM   #30

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Seems most are considerate of others and try to make it as quick as possible, most but as seen in this thread not all.

It seems to me that what we have found is that most people try to be considerate of others, but "being considerate" is dependent upon each persons point of view.

If you are the one waiting for the person in front of you to complete this task, it may be that you could be more considerate of others and recognize that we don't all do things in the same way, and that we don't all have the same level of experience. It could be that the person in front of you is newer to the RV and it may take longer as they are figuring things out.

If you are the person completing this task, it may be that you could be more considerate of those people waiting, and try to be as efficient as possible to complete the task as quickly as possible.

The responsibility for "being considerate" is each persons responsibility.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
As long as I see the guy ahead of me working like he's got a purpose - I don't have a problem with however long it takes him to get his tanks dumped. It's the folks who pull up ... take their sweet time getting out of their vehicle, dawdling to get hoses hooked ... then take their sweet time putting their hoses away, cleaning out their wet bay, etc. ... that will raise my ire a bit.

I'm using a Sanicon ... so it takes me a little longer to pump out my tanks. However, my connection to the dump sewer is made within seconds of me opening my wet bay door - and once my tanks are empty, it's seconds before my hose is put away, my wet bay closed up - and my coach in gear.

I've been in front of the "Type A" douche nozzle who appears to think that it's the rest of the world's responsibility to step out of his way on a couple of occasions. All the door slamming and loud commentary in the world will not make my pumps run any faster.

To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse - being behind the excessively slow guy, or being in front of the "Type A" ass clown.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #32

Last time the person in front of me was taking what seemed like a long time I just walked up and shot the breeze with him. Much better to talk about fishing and camping than sitting in the coach stewing.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
As long as I see the guy ahead of me working like he's got a purpose - I don't have a problem with however long it takes him to get his tanks dumped. It's the folks who pull up ... take their sweet time getting out of their vehicle, dawdling to get hoses hooked ... then take their sweet time putting their hoses away, cleaning out their wet bay, etc. ... that will raise my ire a bit.

Good Response. We know that fools, handicapped, newbies, etc. that are trying as best they can are respected, and we can often offer our help to get them on the road again. That said, clowns that stand around shooting the breeze with their partner for 10 minutes (when the tank was empty after 3), then make a concerted effort to dot every I and cross every T before moving out (all the while grinning at those behind them) are not nice people. It's called Passive/Aggressive...same folks that do the speed limit in the left lane.

To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse - being behind the excessively slow guy, or being in front of the "Type A" ass clown.

They are equally bad, because both types violate the Golden Rule.

5-10 minutes easily because we rarely have more than half a tank of either to dump. Rinse if nobody is waiting.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #34

How long does it take me to dump?
OH I don't know, maybe 1 chapter in my book :-)
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Can dump both tanks from full in less than 5 minutes. If I am flushing it will take and additional time of long it takes for the tank to fill to about 3/4 and 30 seconds more to dump again.

Normally if there is no one waiting the first thing I do is hook up the flushing hose, then place the slinky in the dump, turn on the tank flush and then proceed to dump the black tank and then the gray. Fill the black tank to 3/4 and dump again. Then turn the flushing hose off, coil and replace it, close the dump valves, store the slinky and leave.

Went to dump at a tourist information spot. There were two dumps. Both were occupied with a line up of about 10 waiting. One guy was busy dumping while the other looked as if he was filling his fresh water tank. Had the hose stretched out to the potable water spigot which was about 30 feet farther along???

Some people have no situational awareness and blithely operate as if they were the only one in the world. Perhaps they are - in their own little world. Generally they seem to be the first ones who expect the government to take care of them.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #36

Totally due to this thread...I timed a full 29 gallon crapper dump today.

I have no macerator on rig so there were lumps to work out in the flex pipe....

With the aid of a full grey tank, all friction lumps were overcome but still....

Timed @ 9mins. No flush, thus...

Packed away a stinky flex tube.
cutlooselily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #37

Omg. I'm such a newbie (Jan 2015). I had my dealer service techs show me how to "dump" my black tank, it took no time at all. But I forget. Seen all the "how to" videos on the subject btw. I checked my hookups and only see one "handle" for the black tank. I guess my gray tank automatically dumps when the black tank is empty. Could that be? Or am I missing something? tks/Mikey
Old 07-06-2015, 03:46 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was part of the dump parade yesterday, most people hooked up, dumped both tanks, quick rinse of the sewer hose, 5 min average.

P.S. Never heard of a Grey tank dumping automatically.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
How long does it take to dump?

How long is this thread?

eprman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensallyt View Post
Omg. I'm such a newbie (Jan 2015). I had my dealer service techs show me how to "dump" my black tank, it took no time at all. But I forget. Seen all the "how to" videos on the subject btw. I checked my hookups and only see one "handle" for the black tank. I guess my gray tank automatically dumps when the black tank is empty. Could that be? Or am I missing something? tks/Mikey
The dump plumbing should look like a wishbone, with two T-handles (one on each leg). ALWAYS pull the Black tank first, then pull the Gray handle.

That allows gray water to flush most kibbles and bits out of the hose.

In the photo, the Black is a 2-8 to the left, and Gray is at 12-6 on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030035.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	548.0 KB
ID:	99332  
Old 07-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #41

I sure envy those who can do the complete dump and flush in 5 minutes or less. I just can't see how that's possible, unless the timing starts after you pull the handle, and ends before you are ready to disconnect the hose.

Our TT's we owned in the past were easy and fast to dump, but not that fast. Makes me wonder if these tanks are really getting a good cleanout.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #42

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some people would be considerate and NOT flush the tank! If you have the black tank ¾ full or more you should never need to flush the tank. In the 13 years we owned the previous Dutch Star I could count on one hand the number of times I used the built in flush system.
I dump the black, then the gray, then pull out or over and add a few gallons of water to the black tank and the chemicals. That way the tank gets rinsed as I drive home or to the next destination. Have done that for many years and have NEVER had a build up of solids.
Our new to us Magna came with a build up in the black tank. By following the above regime I'm getting it cleaned out. At least now it's reading 0 when I dump.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank