Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
I've been in front of the "Type A" douche nozzle who appears to think that it's the rest of the world's responsibility to step out of his way on a couple of occasions. All the door slamming and loud commentary in the world will not make my pumps run any faster.

To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse - being behind the excessively slow guy, or being in front of the "Type A" ass clown.
That's really pretty funny! 😅

I try to avoid RV parks without full hookups, so it doesn't matter how long it takes me. But start to stop I'd guess ten minutes max. If I have to use a dump site I'll be quick as I can. I have no idea, other than pure rudeness, why it'd take someone any longer.
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #58

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
Oh no...are you the same guy that gets in front of me at the Costco gas station???
When finished pumping gas, he then takes trash from his car and puts it into the trash can, makes a cell phone call, and finally leaves

I agree, life is to short......... to be wasted waiting...and waiting...and waiting....

Regards,

Dan

Yes... How'd you guess.....?

Regardless of who is in front of you, take a break and be patient and considerate of others... Otherwise everything in life is painful for YOU.

I probably was that guy that took too long making a turn, and you had too wait till the next light... I am the one that picked up the only item in the store that didn't have a bar code, and you had to wait for the price check... I'll probably be the one that is in front of you at the pearly gates and they have to read off all the reasons why I should have been excluded because of how I made Dan wait for everything in life, and then let me in the gate anyway, because I had other qualities that made my transgressions inconsequential.... Now that I think about it, that might be the worst purgatory that someone like you would have to suffer, so I'll just apologize now...

Be happy, don't worry...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do the same as Mr D . Never had a problem and don't expect any. Black tank usually is
half full or more .. Grey the same .. sensors still work as they did when new . After all , lets not forget, it's a black tank and will never be 'clean'.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #60

Carolina Campers
How long does it take you to dump your tanks?

Well, life is going to dump and waiting for those ahead of you, then you die....

Or, life is having fun and making everything as enjoyable as possible, then you die...

It is more what you make of the life you have than making life miserable for everyone else while you occupy a little space on this earth, regardless, you will die...

Be happy, don't sweat the small things...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Some of us take longer when we know another person is waiting. It is called control.

When the man washes his sewer hose for a long time, like he is going to use it for filling his potable water tank- you are behind a "Controller"
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, 5 pages and no one thought of this. Maybe the poor guy that used up 30 minutes of your life was having drain problem. Helping my BIL this weekend he pulled the handle, drained the tank only to still have water/ sewer backed up in his toilet. After hours and several attempts he pulled his 5er home with the problem! No line was ever behind us but maybe that's what the other guy was having, drain problems!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #63

I don't think that many people have draining problems. I think it's more like what Deny said about passive/aggressive type B people that want to teach the world that they are in control.
When they leave the campground, you'll maybe find them in the left lane going the exact speed limit.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #64

Save the rinsing tank flushing routine when you are at a site, no hurry, no rush, you can wax your rhino if you want....When at a public dump site, HOOK UP, PULL THE BLACK, 3 minutes later close the black, PULL THE GREY, 2 minutes later disconnect and go...JMO
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #65

Never timed myself but watched someone pull up near the dump site and open the valve.He stood with his feet to direct everything toward the drain.Didn't have to rince his slinky, just his shoes.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #66

I'll have to check with my wife, that's her job along with waxing the exterior and greasing the wheel bearings yearly. She is a real peach!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #67

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
Save the rinsing tank flushing routine when you are at a site, no hurry, no rush, you can wax your rhino if you want....When at a public dump site, HOOK UP, PULL THE BLACK, 3 minutes later close the black, PULL THE GREY, 2 minutes later disconnect and go...JMO
So sorry, I just can't resist asking....is that a simile ??

Dan
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just for future reference, is it ok to wash my rig at the dump station, I mean is the non-potable water ok on the coach?

I really like to leave cleaner than I came in!

Newbies beware, everything you read here is not serious!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
So sorry, I just can't resist asking....is that a simile ??

Dan
Old 07-10-2015, 03:09 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Came back from a week long trip today and hit a local truck stop that has a dump station to dump the black and grey tanks. Got there and only one MH was there and he was already dumping so I figured a few minutes and he'll be done. Well 30 minutes later he was still there, gave up and headed to another place to dump. It takes me maybe 10 minutes tops to dump and flush both my tanks and I would never take 30 minutes especially if I knew someone else was waiting. So I'm wondering if I'm just the fastest dump in the west or did this guy think the $5 dump fee gave him camping rights also
He may have had a partial clog. It takes us about 10 minutes also. Longer of we flush the black tank to help prevent clogs. We stick the hose down the toilet and flush until the water runs clear - through the clear elbow we have.

Tags
tank