Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
8 years & 7 months 58,000 miles and it's still in great shape except for decal graphics beginning to fade a bit.

Upgrades: 110w Solar panel w/25amp controller; added 4 6v batteries for total of 6; Pro-fill system for batteries; Davis Tru-Trac up front; Full Banks system w/Transcommand; Air Horns; Koni shocks; Replaced Bedroom Day/night shades with Mini blinds; new satin finish towel racks in bathroom with new matching satin finish faucet; installed leaded stain glass window in entry door; large decorative mirror on wall by entry; wireless doorbell; CB radio & ant. and that's about all I can think of now.

We plan on having faded graphics replaced sometime in future and will probably be keeping the coach for another 5 or 6 years at least.

It has a nice living arrangement w/eye level TV & elect fireplace and came with Theater Stereo Surround Sound w/sub-woofer. A 4 door refrigerator also came as standard equipment and the DW enjoys the abundant wardrobe space available.

Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #16
About 4 years now on our 1996 model. We have had minor and major problems, but are locked in to "Well, we fixed this and that. We have a lot invested, so let's go ahead and fix some more and avoid payments".

No particular plans to change, but we keep our eyes open for one with more slides at a GOOD price. If anyone wants to donate a 37 footer with three slides, I can come pick it up.

Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
Bought 2005 coach new. Have had no problems in 10,000 miles. Plan to have this coach five more years until retirement unless I win the lottery.
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bought ours new in June of 06. Will probably keep it forever and a day unless DW decides she just absolutely has to have that bath and a half model. Then it's gone.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
This is the ninth camping season in our current RV. Our popup that it replaced we had for 14 years. Our youngest son has our popup now. We tend to keep not just RVs, but everything for as long as possible.
2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Standard Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #20
Freightliner Owners Club
Our 1998 29-foot Class C lasted until the boys grew too big to sleep across the top bunk and two boys could not sleep on the dinette without a war starting. That was 5 years and 30,000 miles.

In 2003, we moved up to a 35 foot Class A that had a dinette and fold out couch. Lucky for us as we now could bring friends, girl friends, and nephews with us too! That lasted about another 5 years and 50,000 miles.

The deals they were offering in June for diesels were too good to pass up. So we upgraded again, but hopefully this one will be for more than 5 years...

5th wheels seem to last longer as MH's start to have pesky problems after year four.
Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #21
In the Current coach it's been 3 weeks. The rv before was a 03 HR Vacationer 36ft we bought in 2003 and before that was a 1994 Suncruiser 34ft we bought in 1998.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:19 AM   #22
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Great to see so many good responses. To answer my own questions, we have been in our present coach since March 8 2002. We started living fulltime in it in May of 02. We have never regretted it and this coach has held up very well. We do have a couple cracked tiles but other than that no problems. We recently upgraded to a 37" HDTV and will probably replace the tile and carpet in LR with Bamboo wood flooring. We will probably keep it for many more years as we know what it is and it suits our style.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

So far, almost 2 years. Planning on keeping it a while, but you know how that goes.

Our first RV was a gasser, which we thought we'd keep for 10 years but traded it after 18 months. We decided after about 9 months that a diesel pusher would suit us better so we went to a 2004 Allegro Bus 40DP. Now "THAT" was the one we would keep forever.

3 years later we went with a 42' Allegro Bus, mainly because we wanted the tag axle, hydronic heat, Spartan chassis, and a ton of other things. This time I think that we really have hit the nail right on the head and have everything dialed in where we want it. We love this coach and are prepared to hang onto it for a long time. Although if I could custom build a Newwell the way we would like it, then I'd jump in a minute. But, given the price of Newells, I'd expect will be keeping the Bus for a while. Although, given our past history, I reserve the right to change my mind without penalty
Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #24
We have a 1999 Dutch Star DP that we bought in 2003, used. We bagan FTing in 2004 and have truly loved the coach! We have had VERY few problems.
Traveling America in God's Grace
Mike and Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Going on 3 years with our Bounder and loving it (see avatar).

We started our rv-ing journey with a TT after having spent several rainy days in a tent with 45-degree nights in the NC mountains in October. I decided I no longer enjoyed having to get dressed & walk 50+ yards to the nearest bathroom in the middle of the night while nervously shining a flashlight into the brush & seeing yellow eyes glowing back at me on my late night bathroom run.

A bit over 3 years later, longing for an rv with at least 1 slide & a bath where the shower curtain didn't attack me at every move, we got our 2 slide, 5-r. The honeymoon with that one lasted a mere 2 years when the "itch" for more room & more MORE needed scratched. When bigger 5-r + bigger truck = big $$$, then our heads turned towards a MH.

We're enjoying our Bounder & hope to keep this one a while longer. However, with some of the discounts that are out there & dealers wanting to move late models in a slow market, I, like Cruzer, also reserve the right to change my mind.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Five months on this one, our first coach we kept less than a year before trading on our current coach. I'll keep this one for awhile until I'm able to work a deal on a new Marathon...
Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #27
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've had ours for almost 2 years, upted from a 5er, which was upted from a long line of Truck Campers..........I think 6.
Chuck, Ruth, & Dixie and Hanna
1990 F350 S/C Dually, 460/ZF 5spd, 1990 S&S 11 SCB C/O Camper
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #28
Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I've had mine since May. I was really tempted to trade up, but Island Momma talked me out of it. And she's right - I can travel a lot more if I just continue the redecorating and upgrading of the one I have instead of locking myself into high payments for the next 5 years. I can what I would have spent on payments for a year, put that into my present rig, and have it looking the way I want NOW. so that's what I'm doing. It may not be the prettiest rig on the road, but it'll get me where I'm going - and I can do more and SHOP more without worrying about RV payments!!

GraciesMom is offline   Reply With Quote