Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #57
We purchased our current coach (06 Newmar Ventana) used about 4 months ago. Before that we had a 02 Coachhouse Platinum that was surving us well and before that a 24' TT.

The TT was a nice unit and it got used alot. One day a friend shows up and says he wants to buy our trailer. I said it's not for sale, he pulls out cash .... so he helped me unload our stuff and I helped him get it hooked to his truck.

We purchased the Coachhouse which was a very nice unit that suited our life style better. We had an enclosed trailer to haul our motorcycles and the E450 with the V-10 did a good job of pulling and still got good gas mileage.

6 months ago we stopped at a Newmar dealer just to walk around and stretch our legs (we were on the bikes). They had a nice unit with only 4k miles that looked unused. Salesman started talking prices and asked if we had a RV. I told him what we had and he said he would go see if they would make us an offer (unseen). While he was gone I told the wife we would be lucky to get 1/2 what we paid for it, especially with the numbers he quoted on the Newmar. His offer was within $8,000.00 of what we had paid for it four years and 30k miles earlier. That started the wheels in motion and we got serious about another change in RV's.

We have always liked the Newmar products. I am currently home after having a shoulder and hand surgery. Every three hours the Newmar King Aire looks better and better. In fact the pills are kicking in now ...... I need to go to the Newmar website!!!!!

2006 Newmar Ventana 3613
2009 Ford Taurus Toad
2002 & 2004 GL1800's,
Wingman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We've had our current coach for five years and have been quite satisfied with it. We've owned Tiffin's before and like them. I would like to get a bigger motorhome but due to the economic situation, that may not be practical. So, we've started to upgrade this one. Going to have new MCD window coverings installed; pull out the couch and put in an easy chair and computer table. Koni's and cold air intake for the chassis and new Michelins before we go to Alaska next May. Cannot tolerate the loss of money due the negative equity in the loan.

By the way, this is a great topic!

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34 TGA
Ford V-10 22000 lb chassis
Brake Buddy Advantage,
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #59
Wow!! 3 months....but the last rv spent 5 years with us. I hope this one is still with us when it is paid off in 2025....
Happy Trails to you and yours

JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #60
Pond Piggies Club
Ours will be 2 years in April of 2009, We love it!
Roger, Cindy & Dawg
02 F250 PSD/07 CF29RK Cruiser
You can get there from here, it just takes longer
Wingnut57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #61
We bought our coach new in 2000. We do not drive many miles each year, but we live in it about 7 months each year. We have had very few problems with this coach and it works well for our life style. We have not seen anything that we would consider trading, so we will keep this coach for several more years.

2000 CC Allure
dcgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #62
Got this MH in the fall of '01 and don't see anything out there built as well as this one and with as much storage space.
One other small note, Newmar has been a great company to work with!
Lee,Marge Living Our Dream-Fulltiming!
Beaufort SC, Winter Harmony PA Summer
Semper Fi In God We Trust
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #63
2 months. Just purchased our 1999 Damon Daybreak. Love the floorplan. After seeing many problems with the workhorse chassis being posted on various message boards I am not sure how long we will have it. Would be nice to hear from owners that really enjoys their workhorse. Had a 25' 5er, then digressed to a popup trailer that towed behind our Goldwing motorcycle. Now moved up to a Class A. Hope to keep this for a few years as we are not ready to full time yet.
GAwingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #64
Newmar Owners Club
We have our current coach 3 yrs 7 mos.
After looking for 3 yrs 7 mos at new coaches we both agree we just can't match what we have now.
We will upgrade as needed, so far have had the ends of slides [4] painted to match paint on coach.
Currently FT, but go back home to visit house. Last year 3 weeks out of 52. We're lucky have daughter who lives 2 blocks away checking house and grandkids call it the "playhouse", more toys there than in their house.
2005 KSDP 3910-----2007 Jeep Liberty

read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #65
7 Days. We love it already!! Took in our first test trip last weekend. Had a great time.
2000 F-250 V-10 4x4

2009 Forrest River Wildwood 26fks
TimD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 AM   #66
We have this kountry star for 38 month and we just love it
This is my fourth MH we live six months on it
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #67
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had our new Coachmen Captiva since June and love it. No major problems yet, tires had to be replaced but Coachmen took care of it. Try to take it out at least once a month
2008 Coachmen 288FKS-2000 F-250 4x4 V-10/
Fur Baby Lilbit and Diesel
Come grow old with me the best is yet to be TEXAS BOOMERS
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #68
Freightliner Owners Club
Five years, 51,000 miles and counting - have no plans to trade, this coach (our third) has everything we want, still looks like new, and I enjoy maintaining it!
RedT, US Air Force Retired
2004 Itasca Meridian VMSpc, Pressure Pro TPMS
2003 Jeep Liberty M&G Brakes System
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #69
WOW!!! How the heck did I miss this thread?

We bought out present coach about 1-1/2 years ago. We are it's third owner and are making whatever necessary maintenance and repairs that have been neglected.

It runs great and has quite a lot of storage. The DW likes it alot and has had me modify it to our liking with more to go.

As soon as I get everything fixed, modified, changed etc, I am sure we will be looking for our next coach...maybe that Foretravel I have my eye on...

Now where did I place that winning lottery ticket?
1998 Gulfstream 36' Sun Voyager Bus Platinum
quikduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #70
We're sort of on the same page as Red T only our coach is 8yrs old. Runs good, looks good, get plenty of compliments on it looks. Very few problems and most can be handled by yours truly.
Actually ours has fewer miles than his but has had a lot of live in time. We're gradually improving the interior, uphostered the driver and co-pilot seat and couch recently. Next project is different flooring in the front to replace carpet. Would I buy a new coach, not on a bet. Also this is our 3rd MH since 91 and our 7th RV (3TTs and a Popup) since 76.

Dave, Miss Sue and Lucy the Scotty
00 Windsor, 40', Grand Cherokee Limited
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote