Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I just traded a '05 Vectra 40FD for this Meridian. We had the rig since '07. Slide problems were frequent but I think this is due to the fact that my tools for volunteer work are heavy. The basement was on the slide rooms. I suggest going up to the '08 40FD. Full basement and nice interior layout. Here is a link for you:
http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/...r-Brochure.pdf

I hope I have been more help than confusion. Overall we were not comfortable with the Vectra for may reasons.

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00wabbit View Post
We have settled on the rv we want.

It will be a Winnebago Tour with the 40fd floor plan.
I'm looking at 2006 models.
The lowest listed asking prices I am seeing is $109k

What could I expect to actually buy this for?

I'm in no big hurry. I have about 4months and I can travel pretty much anywhere in the country to purchase, but I have to be mindful of the cost of diesel to get it back home
NADA says $108-$130k, so $109 is pretty good. I have read that wholesale price is low NADA minus 10-15% ... which would put you at about $92.. Good luck!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
One great positive about that rig, if it is set up like mine was, is that it drives like you are watching TV. I might be exaggerating a bit but the ride and handling was very good. I had trouble getting a good front end alignment though. Do your homework on this and find a good shop after you are loaded. Also check to date on the tires and for sidewall checking. It is very expensive when one blows. Been there!
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #18

offer 30% less

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00wabbit View Post
We have settled on the rv we want.

It will be a Winnebago Tour with the 40fd floor plan.
I'm looking at 2006 models.
The lowest listed asking prices I am seeing is $109k

What could I expect to actually buy this for?

I'm in no big hurry. I have about 4months and I can travel pretty much anywhere in the country to purchase, but I have to be mindful of the cost of diesel to get it back home
After all my reading I find this..........if the unit is at a dealer start at 30% less than asking price. The "actual Winnebago" dealer we went to in Rockford IL just Knocked 20% or more off new price to start out.

For sale by individual I would look at NADA price without any options selected (if it is DP you don't put in any mileage) then offer under that price. I have a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain for sale and NADA says 34,000 to 42,000 but I don't think I can get over 31,000. No one will bite above 34,000.

Hope this helps...............Dave
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

This topic is particularly painful for me since I have owned a 2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD 400ISL since new and I'm preparing to sell it.

I've not done a lot of research yet, but what I've seen tells me that my coach is probably going to sell for somewhere in the $115 to $120K range. I don't think that's just a starting price but what it looks like things are selling at. An offer of $85K would really be low ball.

Good luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Get the best deal you can but realize going in that even a used rig in " perfect " condition will still drag a bucket of money out of your wallet to bring all systems up to like new conditions. And then you will want to improve handling or ride or the electronics or etc. etc. and be prepared. I bought a gently used rig in fantastic shape at a great price. 12k in upgrades and maintenance in 2 years and I'm almost done. Almost. Yikes.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #21

OOwabit - I have been buying used big machines for years. I like getting the best price I can without flogging the seller to death. So many years ago I learned that you can get the best deal by simply asking the seller, "What is the lowest price you can offer me and we can still remain friends." It works like a charm. Many times the seller will offer a lower price than you were willing to pay. When they don't, move on.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I read on here some place where if you are not laughing at your offer it is too high. Secondly remember you can always go up but going down is probably not an option.

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote