Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #29
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine has always worked great. Just drove 3210 mile Calf-Nev-Utah-Colo-NMex-Araz-Nev-Cal in temps 95-111 used the dash air when on the rode never turned on the gen and house air. Only ran the fan on hi two or three times-four speed fan used #3 most of the time. Dash air is gooooood.

2001 Horizon 2004 jeep GC
autofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #30

When the outside temp is about 90 or so I turn off the dash air, start the generator and use the house AC. Dash air seems to work pretty good but not sufficient for keeping the entire interior of the RV comfortable. House air does.

Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
The dash air on my Scepter works great. Takes a while to actually cool down the space if it's been sitting in the sun though. Once the initial heat is cracked, it works like a champ going down the road.
Jcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
Mine works fine. It didnt work well when I first got the coach. Found that the fuse for the condenser cooling fan was missing.
2007 Presidio 39D

Mercedes MBE 926
Eddie Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #33
Max, I am one that has no dash air? Seems like there are only a few of us? 007, where is this valve located on a diesel pusher?
fountain42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #34
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine works great, and I think that's awesome for a 17 year old rig. The previous owners kept impeccable records, and there's no mention of it ever being worked on. With only 60k miles on it, I'm hopeful that it will be good for a long time to come
Ken & Jeannie
96 Vectra Grand Tour 35' DP
Jacey (terri-poo, waiting at the rainbow bridge), Jack (silky terrier)
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #35
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mine works very very very well
I can squeeze 42F degree air from the center vents

its maintained in top order

Its senseless imo to have it and it not be working to its best level
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #36
13 years mine still works great. on the road it blows cold air, when parked, i use house a/c.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #37

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My AC blew the condenser/compressor fuse a few times over the years. Last week it blew and immediately blew the replacement when turned on. I repaired the AC blower motor which is on the side of the RV next to the engine. Not the dash fan. It needed one can of freon to get back to full capacity.

So if you have a large fan on the side (rear radiator engine), make sure the fan is running when the AC is on.
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #38
Monaco Owners Club
Just got back from 7200 mile trip and used it daily with no problems.
Del & Lori & Millie, (our miniature Aussie) 2007 Diplomat 40PDQ - 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, US Gear Unified Tow Brake.
hardy1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #39
Country Coach Owners Club
When I picked up my coach the belt was off and the compressor was frozen. I'm still trying to get it running. I think that when these things break no one fixes them due to parts availability. I have been a mechanic for 35 years and was stunned at how hard it was to find parts for this. The compressor is a r12 universal unit that is not made anymore. The cold cut valve and expansion valve I found at Evens Tempcon (there receiver dryer is the wrong part and has to go back) I had to find a dryer at Napa by matching up pictures in a book, it's from a 92 Dodge Caravan. and the cycling switch is from a 93 Ford Probe.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue Horizon 36' (The Dinosaur Burner)
92TNTRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #40
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
The Horizons works GREAT!
I will 2nd that.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Just returned from a 2838 mile western trip. Not cold. Just cool. I added refrigerent but didn't make a difference. I guess I'll need to look at that valve to see if it was installed wrong.
John & Diann
2014 Dutch Star 4364 - 2011 CRV EX-L AWD
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #42
2000 Discovery works fine. My other coaches would leak freon if we didn't use them for a while. We just bought a few cans of freon with dispenser, from Auto Zone and put some in as needed. We were told that because of the long distance that the freon has to travel on a diesel the new freon dissipates faster. (Use it or lose it).

Mknight is offline   Reply With Quote