Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #1

How many gulf stream class A "s

I have been searching this forum and seem's like I have the only 1988 gulfstream sun vista hi-rize on the == planet == is this TRUE??? I have only seen post from like 10 year's ago and the coaches I do find are from around 2008 or so . Are any of these coaches still running or are they all in the rv grave yard? I find it hard to believe that there isn't any on here, maybe I am the lucky one that has found one that has been some what well taken care of. I realize that it's 28-- year's old is it the 10 year old rule?? you can't tell by the condition it's in and the motor only has 40,000 miles on it every thing work's no water leak's that Iv'e found ,my commuting car has well over 300,000. and running strong. I really only need to do is a face lift --new striping for which I've posted and only 2 have replied that have given their rig's a face lift. I just want a new look... I purchased a year ago and did all the work to it to make it mine... like ,all new window awning's, leveling system, satellite system, water pump, oil cooler, complete new tune, upper motor gaskets cause they were dry and leaking oil, new hard wood flooring, granite counter ,carpeting new upholstery and come this spring back up camera system and 2 flat screen tv's.
steppinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

We have an 03 Yellow Stone and have the same issue, not many owners on the forum. This is true even on the GSOwner forum that we use as well. Fortunately we haven't needed any exterior body moldings or anything, but I don't relish the time that we do need something.
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUB1988 View Post
We have an 03 Yellow Stone and have the same issue, not many owners on the forum. This is true even on the GSOwner forum that we use as well. Fortunately we haven't needed any exterior body moldings or anything, but I don't relish the time that we do need something.
Maybe they don't need any input or they are all yard ornaments just sitting there dying waiting for the scraper's . I am heeling a broken heel as of now and wife will not drive it do to the size to big not a smart car so now I have to wait till spring. I have seen on the road even older unit's then your and mine might be they don't use forum's or have computer's but I find that hard to believe too.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe you both really do own a "one of a kind"?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Maybe you both really do own a "one of a kind"?
MAYBE!!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:54 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hey there steppinstone, you are not alone!! We have a 2004 Gulfstream Atrium SE 42 footer with a 330 Cat and love it!! Use it every chance we get and plan on retiring next year and putting allot more miles on her when we do, she only has around 30,000 on her right now so she's got lots left. She's in great shape, I'm a mechanic and do all the work on her myself and have done lots of upgrades. One of the things I have to deal with in the spring is it has painted stripes over the gel-coat fiberglass and some spots has the clear coat pealing off so I have to re-paint them, other than that people can't believe she's 12 years old!! One thing I'm dealing with right now is replacing the motor for my hydraulic leveling / slide system. Turns out the motor is actually a power trim motor from a Mercury / Mariner 150 HP 1985 - 1987 and can be found on Amazon for $85.00 (much better than the $450 to $500.00 the stealer quoted me) so I am waiting for it to show up to get it up and running again. This past weekend I ended up making a drive adapter from a 3/8" bolt and ran my hydraulics with an electric drill. It got me through a family camp out that I was worried we weren't going to make it to! lol So enjoy your Gulfstream, there still are others on the road!
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a