Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #1

How many have RV Extended Warranties

Wonder how many have extended warranties and which ones are the best and most reasonable? Did you get it from the dealer or other source?
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #2

Hi TT I have Good Sam ext warranty since 2006, so far I having use it.
Benito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSuncruiser View Post
Wonder how many have extended warranties and which ones are the best and most reasonable? Did you get it from the dealer or other source?
I have had WarrantyExperts for five years and have had zero complaints. When I needed them, they were there for me. You will see many complaints about long term warranties - including this company - but they have given me both peace of mind and paid for my problems. I bought their policy online.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #4

Never

Never had an extended warranty of any kind in my 61 years.

Sold a lot of them though.

Big profits
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Warranty Experts is a sales agency not a warranty company, so they have nothing to do with your coverage or how the policy is administered. I bought mine through them, but the policy is called RV Shield and mine was underwritten by Butler Financial but now seems to be from an outfit called National Programs.

I rarely buy any extended warranty but the risk of a high dollar repair on a diesel rig seems to justify it. I near break even on mine and it has 18 months left to run. I've had a lot of expensive electronics repairs - inverter, charge controller, transfer switch, washer circuit board,etc plus the usual run of air suspension leaks and miscellaneous stuff.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Roamer [Gary] View Post
Warranty Experts is a sales agency not a warranty company, so they have nothing to do with your coverage or how the policy is administered. I bought mine through them, but the policy is called RV Shield and mine was underwritten by Butler Financial but now seems to be from an outfit called National Programs.

I rarely buy any extended warranty but the risk of a high dollar repair on a diesel rig seems to justify it. I near break even on mine and it has 18 months left to run. I've had a lot of expensive electronics repairs - inverter, charge controller, transfer switch, washer circuit board,etc plus the usual run of air suspension leaks and miscellaneous stuff.
I agree I have never purchased an extended warranty except for my Mercedes and it paid for itself the first time I used it.
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #7

Its a roll ot the dice; I've never bought any in my more than 25 years of motorhomeing If you have the extra money and feel that this will give you pease of mind go for it. its a gamble; like life insurance the insurance company gambles you will live a long time. believe it or not most motorhomes are pretty much trouble free------if they are serviced regulary.and not run to death.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #8

I purchased RV Shield when I bought my used MH and have had to use it three times -- the cost of the extended warranty has paid for itself and I have about one more year to go -- I bought a 4 year, 40,000 mile warranty.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Shop around rather than immediately buying from the dealer, then see if he will negotiate on the warranty price. Some will, some will not. Better yet, negotiate the warranty price as part of the sale. The warranty contract is a very high profit item for the dealer and he can either discount it for you or use it to sweeten the deal on the sale if he chooses.

I bought mine from an independent broker - paid $2000 less than the dealer wanted for the same coverage.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I have Assurant which was included with the motorhome when I purchased it. I purchased this motorhome in its model year but it was used so the warranty was given. I've never had any type of extended warranty before. I have used it once with out any issues to repair problems with a slide awning.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Purchased the Route 66 coverage when we bought our '94 Winnebago in '06. Has more than paid for itself.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I got Star. I had it on a previous coach nd it more than paid for itself with my dash AC repair, air bag replacement, and refrigerator repair.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have the ESP from Good Sam. Seemed to offer the most for the best price. have used it once or twice with no problems.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I purchased Route 66 coverage with my new '06 coach from the selling dealer for a great price. It has paid back half it's cost so far with no problems. I don't purchase extended coverage on anything either with this one exception. There's just too much to go wrong!

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4027
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote