Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #127

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Oufff mechanic will remain mechanic this is what they said, and if you purchase a used MH you might need to get some work done on it once in while, they also said that. !!!! But over the years I have called Good Sam so many times that they know me by my name. With all the money I have put on my used Winnebago Brave I could have bought a new one and one for spare. Joke aside I will never again purchase a used MH , bought a new 5th wheel last year and pickup and for the first time in over 10 years we had a trouble free trip. Good Sam must be wondering what appened to me !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
2006 34xb

I purchased a used 2006 Tiffin Allegro bay almost sight unseen ( they did send me a couple of pictures) and other than new tires and a few nic picky things I have been fine. The awning motor went out on week two, but that could have happend anytime. If you research your make and model a head of time, there are few issues. Anything from Tiffin I would buy used, but not Thor. I run from Thor.. I have put 7 thousand on the coach since i purchased in August of 13

Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #129

We bought a 2006 Georgetown 319TS with only 17,000 miles from PPL Motors in Houston, TX in 2011. Had only seen pictures via the internet prior to purchase. Drove it home to Michigan and love it. Have had absolutely no problems!

Debby & Pat
Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #130

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwalsh View Post
We bought a 2006 Georgetown 319TS with only 17,000 miles from PPL Motors in Houston, TX in 2011. Had only seen pictures via the internet prior to purchase. Drove it home to Michigan and love it. Have had absolutely no problems!

Debby & Pat
Ahh cool! That's brave though!!! I walked the PPL lot, and there were some units that smelled SO badly, I wound't even walk through them, although some were nice (but out of my budget)
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #131

Well we figured if we got down to Houston and didn't like the unit, we'd walk away. Turns out it had more features than we even knew about, so like you, I was really stoked.

I wouldn't recommend it for everyone though.

I've since looked at the pictures of your purchase. Now that's gorgeous! We're not quite that upscale, but we're pretty happy with what we've got. The dogs like it too!

Hope you enjoy it for many, many years and miles!

Debby
Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #132

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwalsh View Post
Well we figured if we got down to Houston and didn't like the unit, we'd walk away. Turns out it had more features than we even knew about, so like you, I was really stoked.

I wouldn't recommend it for everyone though.

I've since looked at the pictures of your purchase. Now that's gorgeous! We're not quite that upscale, but we're pretty happy with what we've got. The dogs like it too!

Hope you enjoy it for many, many years and miles!

Debby
The Georgetown is an awesome unit! I love to hear stories of how things work out in a positive way!
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador in my sites... Would love to hear more about the Holiday Rambler rigs for sure.
Bought a 1992 HR Alumalite last spring. My "shake down cruise" consisted of a trip from Chicago to Orlando. No sweat. Nothing wrong with the coach, all appliances work (semi-broken latch on fridge only issue, but I knew about it)

Buy a used coach from a Fireman! Those guys are fanatics about their gear!

Frank
Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #134

2007 georgetown bought this past year 10,000 miles put on 5,000 no problems
Old 12-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #135

Freightliner Owners Club
Add us to the list. Bought a used '08 Gulfstream Tourmaster...not a problem at all...
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #136

Bought 2006 American Heritage 45 last July in Texas. Left Texas the next day, drove it 1650 miles to our Maryland home. Camped a few times in the summer, then left for southwest Florida via the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Drove another 1350 miles. Arrived in Naples, FL last week. Towed a Jeep Commander Limited every one of the miles. NOT ONE PROBLEM. (In an abundance of caution, I did replace all the coach and chassis batteries.

All the Best,
Captain Stan
Old 12-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
My 2006 Damon Daybreak has been relatively pain free though we have only had it for a couple of months and probably only traveled 1500 miles. About all the troubles I have had with it have been owner related in that I did not know how something was to be operated. Leveling jacks being one, when I finally realized that the Parking brake had to be engaged it worked fine. I did have a sticky battery disconnect solenoid but we got that going ourselves with the help of the fine people here at IRV2. I also spent about half an hour one morning in the redwoods, waiting for my battery to charge enough to retract my slides, we had been watching a movie the night before and I assumed my battery was just dead. Finally I realized that I had started the engine to warm up and charge those batts and it was the ignition lockout that was keeping me from closing those slides. Really dumb stuff but we are learning. Other than these few times the only wrenching I have done has been adding a few accessories, inverter, medicine cabinet and readying our new used toad for the road.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #138

We too have had zero problems for the past year and a half with our '04 HR. The coach only had 15000mi on it and 2 previous owners both of which were "older" owners and sold it for health reasons. We have 20k on her now and until just the other day when a common Onan problem popped up ( $20 part) all is great!!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #139

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
My 2006 Damon Daybreak has been relatively pain free though we have only had it for a couple of months and probably only traveled 1500 miles. About all the troubles I have had with it have been owner related in that I did not know how something was to be operated. Leveling jacks being one, when I finally realized that the Parking brake had to be engaged it worked fine. I did have a sticky battery disconnect solenoid but we got that going ourselves with the help of the fine people here at IRV2. I also spent about half an hour one morning in the redwoods, waiting for my battery to charge enough to retract my slides, we had been watching a movie the night before and I assumed my battery was just dead. Finally I realized that I had started the engine to warm up and charge those batts and it was the ignition lockout that was keeping me from closing those slides. Really dumb stuff but we are learning. Other than these few times the only wrenching I have done has been adding a few accessories, inverter, medicine cabinet and readying our new used toad for the road.
Interesting!!1 The silly little things you never realize are on your coach huh?!?
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #140

2008 Fleetwood Providence. Bought it a year ago love it no problems thus far. We are full timing and are leaving for Alaska in June.

The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy