Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours was purchased in May 2010 from Fountain Hills RV in Fountain Hills, AZ. Being an 04, it had 9300 mi. on it and was in "new condition" inside and out. We had no problems the first year, but we drive an average of 10K per year so some issues came about later, but that is expected with the more miles put on.

One thing about this dealership, it is small, family owned and Tom only carries about 20+ high quality used motorhomes. He won't buy anything for his inventory that he has to spend a lot of money to "make it look good". He hand selects his purchases. He has a webiste with a thorough digital pic walk-thru of every aspect of his coaches. When we viewed ours, we knew exactly what we would see when we went there. FountainHillsRV.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
Ours was purchased in May 2010 from Fountain Hills RV in Fountain Hills, AZ. Being an 04, it had 9300 mi. on it and was in "new condition" inside and out. We had no problems the first year, but we drive an average of 10K per year so some issues came about later, but that is expected with the more miles put on.

One thing about this dealership, it is small, family owned and Tom only carries about 20+ high quality used motorhomes. He won't buy anything for his inventory that he has to spend a lot of money to "make it look good". He hand selects his purchases. He has a webiste with a thorough digital pic walk-thru of every aspect of his coaches. When we viewed ours, we knew exactly what we would see when we went there. FountainHillsRV.com
that's the kind of place i like! and the kind of place I just bought from.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #73

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
After all of your encouragement, this is what I signed on today.

2005 Fleetwood Revolution 4 Slides 400 HP Diesel Free Warranty & Wood Floors
Congratulations on your new adventure! Love the kitchen, floors, w/d, lounge, ...
Old 11-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #74

Quote:
After all of your encouragement, this is what I signed on today.

2005 Fleetwood Revolution 4 Slides 400 HP Diesel Free Warranty & Wood Floors
a very nice coach. particularly like the wood laminate flooring. enjoy it.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #75

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
29 yrs old, 141k on the odometer. Hopped in and drove it 250 miles home. Been a year and so far I've had to replace the battery for the generator (and that was my fault for not disconnecting it in storage). I've since run electricity to the barn...
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #76

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
29 yrs old, 141k on the odometer. Hopped in and drove it 250 miles home. Been a year and so far I've had to replace the battery for the generator (and that was my fault for not disconnecting it in storage). I've since run electricity to the barn...

00000000 the wanderlodge!! I saw one of those the other day! Such an amazingly gorgeous classic!! I bet you LOVE that thing huh?

I would have bought it if I was in mega DIY / Refurb mode - but this time, we need to be on the road to 10 different trade shows this year, and just have little time for refurbing the insides (which the one i saw needed a little fixing up inside)
Old 11-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #77

Forest River Owners Club
Plasma800....

Wow!!! You done good buddy... What a great coach.... Looks like you found just what you had told me you were searching for....

I look forward to seeing it "in person " soon.... Hopefully we can get together over the Christmas holidays....

Ernest....
Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Plasma800....

Wow!!! You done good buddy... What a great coach.... Looks like you found just what you had told me you were searching for....

I look forward to seeing it "in person " soon.... Hopefully we can get together over the Christmas holidays....

Ernest....
Ernest, I'm bringing her right up your way first trip! If you come to houston before I can make it your way, you call me!!! I would really enjoy continuing our conversation from the other day, and I'm looking forward to it... sooooo you're on the hook for that!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #79

Forest River Owners Club
PM me as to what you're doing up this way.... We are down in Houston on the 14 & 15 to see granddaughter's dance recital but then we return on the 23rd for about a week....

I'm looking forward to continuing our conversation as well so let's plan on getting together when we are down...

Safe travels and try not to spend too much time out in your new baby.... lol!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #80

Bought our first MH about 6 months ago...after about 15 years of having TT...a few minor upgrades (TV, Anntena, new thermostat, and engine fluids) drives great and is built like a tank! It's a 1989 Foretravel Grand Villa with 171k on her, this DP is a quality build on a Oshkosh chassis and a 300hp CAT engine. We wouldn't fear a thing to leave tomorrow to circle the country. If I just didn't have to work anymore lol
Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #81

Plasma....I missed the photos before my post...very nice coach!!!! I love the J sofa and colors...enjoy!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #82

Bought our second used RV last year, 2002 Itasca Suncruiser. Dealer gave us 15 days to check it out / repair items, so we took it out locally for a few days for a test run. Only 3 or 4 minor items, they were fixed right away (bad radio speaker, weak cargo door strut, etc.). No problems since, we use it about 15 - 20 weekends a year, within 150 miles of home.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
96000, I probably could have dug deeper, but ya know what, the lady running this place was sooooo nice, and soooo helpful, and really super great to deal with...

Compared to the dealership BS game, which I hate ... "oh i have to talk to my manager crud"...

So if she made some money, good for her, she earned it!
In my case ouch, way out of my reach but enjoy it, nice rig
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh my goodness Jay!! Your new coach is gorgeous. We're so happy for you guys...

We'd heard the horror stories too and simply took our sweet time deciding what we would upgrade to. Our story began a few short years ago while towing our 19 foot travel trailer to Quartzsite for the first time. The DW saw this Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 31SFD and fell head over tea kettle for the full wall slide. We decided on a small used diesel pusher instead and the rest is history...

Our 2004 Journey 34H will be one year old come this January and we've camped at least one to two weekends a month since we bought her. I had to replace the house water pump so far and machine a new toilet base. So far it's been rock solid dependable. "Knock on wood"

Tons to learn with regards to diesel maintenance and very thankful to have found all you fine folks and to have met FIRE UP, our new and very knowledgeable camping buddies.

Don't let her sit in storage and enjoy your new lifestyle!!

Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy