Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #57

Use mine for vacation and weekend to the beach etc. But do plan to be fulltime for a while in a few years
stew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #58

My wife and I like having the home base. We travel in our class A, 10K-15K a year and totally enjoy the RV life. It's a second home that can go wherever you choose. Sleep in your own bed, cook your own food, and hang out with lots of great folks.
rbtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #59

We're not full timers but we've traveled over 4,000 miles since May when we bought the trailer. 6-10 day trips. Two trips one 12 days the other 19 days. We like RVing but love our house, too.
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtharris View Post
My wife and I like having the home base. We travel in our class A, 10K-15K a year and totally enjoy the RV life. It's a second home that can go wherever you choose. Sleep in your own bed, cook your own food, and hang out with lots of great folks.
Agree 100% we also need a home to come back to even if it is a small place as long as therenis room for our Motorhome to park next to it
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtharris View Post
Agree 100% we also need a home to come back to even if it is a small place as long as therenis room for our Motorhome to park next to it
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #62

I'm retired, wife works part time. Get away for long weekends and week long trips several times per year. No plans to full time.
ThorAce2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
I would love to be a full-timer, but convincing my co-pilot is a different story. She would like a bigger coach, with recliners and a king size bed. My 30T does not have this and it is not in the budget to look to replace it.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #64

It’s not for everyone
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #65

Forest River Owners Club
We are both retired and take more local (<200 mile) trips to state parks and othe points of interest. Make about one long (>1000 mile) trip per year.
Texas John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #66

For me the coach is just a toy and have no desire to full time.
I have a Harley also and not looking to join the hells angels.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #67

Retired but not Full Time

We have owned 2 Class A's and recently downsized to a Winnebago 25B and that suits us best for 1 month trips from our home in SoCal. We originally talked about full timing after retirement but after a few trips and talking to others we realized we would just be coming back near home anyway. But we have met many people who would not have it any other way. We plan an extended trip to the east coast this spring/summer.
Santee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #68

Im still working and my wife is retired. Just use the MH for weekend trips and 1 or 2 longer vacations during the year. I want to full-time in the near future. My "better" half isn't sure about that lifestyle as it would probably mean work camping. Time will tell!! We would have to upgrade as our older Holiday Rambler wouldn't suit us to full time in.
Harris
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #69

Vacations and weekends for now. 4 more years till retirement. Then we will be snowbirds due to small business we run. Currently both have jobs.
wslambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #70

We like using our MH when we want to, go where we want to, do what we want to. Ours is a good size for us and how we use it. There is no way we would ever consider living in ours or any RV full time. Just not for us, it’s fine for those that have accepted the lifestyle.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time, full timer