Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe, and its a very big maybe, I would drive it to the local camp ground, park it, set everything up and take the keys.

Four rules for relatives, blood or otherwise:

1. Don't become their loan officer.
2. Don't become their employer.
3. Don't become their landlord.
4. Don't become their business partner.
5. Don't loan the RV to them.

OK five rules. Each has a very big potential to create a life time of future bad blood.

Hotel rooms and limos are a lot easier. Pay, play and walk away.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #16

If they want a party bus, then can rent a party bus - there's tons of those for rent - with all the disco balls, neon lights and tacky decor one can stand...

Old 04-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all your responses. I'm showing this thread to my DH and hopefully it will back me up! I'm also nutty about people using my stuff. If I really think about that many men on board, some will be sitting on my bed! With drink in hand!! So what does that spell.... my MH with a beer soaked mattress! Yuck! And the weight factor as well...never thought of that angle!
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #18

Triple E Owners Club
This is EASY to remedy. You can only legally transport as many people as you have seatbelts.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Thanks for all your responses. I'm showing this thread to my DH and hopefully it will back me up! I'm also nutty about people using my stuff. If I really think about that many men on board, some will be sitting on my bed! With drink in hand!! So what does that spell.... my MH with a beer soaked mattress! Yuck! And the weight factor as well...never thought of that angle!
In case he doesn't get the picture from this post , give us his cell phone number and we'll yell at him for you.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #20

It sounds like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong.
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
You own 50% of it, Tell him his half is not large enough to hold that many people.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Thanks for all your responses. I'm showing this thread to my DH and hopefully it will back me up!
Hammer bird
If it doesn't your brother-in-law will not be the first and only fool related to you by marriage.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 04-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly level headed folks - seem to have lost their freakin' minds once they realize you own an RV. Since taking possession of our motor home - I think I've heard every "we should take the RV and _______" scheme imaginable. I've been approached for the bachelor party thing (yeah, like I'm gonna be rolling my 45' coach around tight city streets to go bar hopping?). I've heard it suggested that "it'll be the team bus" for adult league hockey tournaments.

I don't mind 'em asking ... hopefully they don't mind me telling 'em NO. If they do mind ... they'll get over it. My coach is a "doll house" for my wife and I. We've got a place for everything and everything gets put in it's place. We've learned to use a gentle hand on drawers, doors and anything else that you pull, push, twist or in some way move. A bus load of folks who aren't familiar with RVs and the "light touch" that helps keep it in one piece just ain't gonna happen!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
I like the "I own 50% of the MH" I think you need 100% to really get it rolling!
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzz View Post
If they want a party bus, then can rent a party bus - there's tons of those for rent - with all the disco balls, neon lights and tacky decor one can stand...
You forgot the smell of stale beer and vomit!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #26

The easy way to say no is simple.

Grab the dmv guide that shows seat belts and then state only 5 sets total so only 5 while moving.

Then hand over the phone book with the page marked for what they want.

Bonus is to call ahead for price and write it next to the one quoting said price and circle it.

Stand firm and simply state you will not break any laws and are not in the business of hauling parties but these guys are as yiu had them the phone book.

If they cannot afford the cost or try to use that as leverage then fire back with guilt about their happiness is not worth that small amount...no is no.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:16 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
The easy way to say no is simple.

Grab the dmv guide that shows seat belts and then state only 5 sets total so only 5 while moving.

Then hand over the phone book with the page marked for what they want.

Bonus is to call ahead for price and write it next to the one quoting said price and circle it.

Stand firm and simply state you will not break any laws and are not in the business of hauling parties but these guys are as yiu had them the phone book.

If they cannot afford the cost or try to use that as leverage then fire back with guilt about their happiness is not worth that small amount...no is no.
While TQ60's suggestion is certainly one way to go about it ... it's a lot more work than I'd be willing to put into it. A simple and direct "NO ... my coach is not and will not be available for _____". The next sentence out of my mouth would like be something along the "So how about those Red Wings?" line.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #28

Not a freaking chance. The liability is huge. The chance for disaster is even bigger. Tell your husband to think back to the stupid things that got done last time he was around 15 drunk guys. Then have him imagine it happening at 55-70 MPH.

FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote