Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We have no slides in our present 96 HR, as we only use it twice a year for a couple months at a time, it is fine for us! I have not had any slides in my previous MH's either. Just the way it worked out! When I buy a MH, finding the best condition, and getting a very good deal is the most important thing to me, and the one's I have bought have not had slides, just the way it worked out? I am sure if the next one has slides, I will like it just as much as the one's with none! I think that with the wide body's, the slides are not as important as with the narrower coaches. I also think that if you are in the Hot/Cold temp's a lot, the one's with no slides, and dual pane windows, and the extra insulation, (Artic Package) are by far the best way to go. A lot more cozy! The one we have now has this, and as we use it for traveling all over the U.S. in March/April, and Sep./Oct. that is very important for us! It is just a personal preference thing as was stated in a earlier post!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #16
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Interesting posts. I did not realize there were that many people that liked no slides.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:54 PM   #17

We have slides, but a core requirement was that the coach be a floorplan that we liked with the slides in -- which turned out to be really important when we were living in it for a few months in Wyoming and often had the slides pulled in because the howling wind was flapping the toppers something fierce. Our main goal for that requirement was that we sometimes stop and stay in conditions where we just can't get the slides out.

Steve

That said, it's much nicer with the slides out.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our previous 2 coaches did not have slides, one worked for us, the other did not. We have owned our current Dolphin for almost 10 years, and purchased it for the simple reason we can live in it with the slides in during inclement weather without any problems, and once the weather is nice again, open the 2 slides for more room. We would not have a problem owning another coach without slides, as long as the floor plan fits.
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #19

1990 HiLo Classic no slides

If our model had slides it would be called a tipout. It gets cozy when we pass in the isleway. It is usually three adults,sometimes two. Most of the time we are outside if the weather is nice.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Slideouts are a nice invention but they are notorious for leaking. I dont know anyone who has not had some kind of leak on their slides. I bet theres a good percentage of people who dont know that they have leaky slides because we dont all get on our 4 s and feel the carpets every time it rains. And how many times do we here of someone getting their leaky slide repaired only to find that it still leaks the next rain fall. Dont rv mechanics have garden hoses? I still enjoy the extra space slides offer.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #21

no slides

2000 Fleetwood Flair / F53 / V-10 /30' / no slide
We are on our second MH and neither had slides because we looked around at used MHs we could pay cash for and every MH in our price range that we looked at had water marks around slides,needed a new tarp over slide,had less storage room,weighed more ,and probably used more fuel because of the extra weight,
I am sure it could be advantages to have slides if there is more than just two people and a few dogs but for two I feel it adaquate
That being said,no slide MHs sell a little cheaper but also have less of a resale value
We go RVING to enjoy the outdoors so if we want to stay in we would stay home,
If kids travel with Mom & Dad then slides might be very important We travel without kids or dogs so no slides fits our needs
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
1982 Pace Arrow no slides for the 2 of us .Yes I would love 1-2 but we can have a couple over and still have a little extra room to walk thru .
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #23

We are on our fifth coach with slides after three without. Have had one slide, two slides and now four. Have never had a leak or malfunction. We can use all of the facilities when the slides are in if needed. Sometimes I will bring them in if the wind gets strong or if camping with the temps below freezing to heat a smaller area. Just the two of us with a small dog and cat. We enjoy the room and will never go back to a non slide coach.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #24
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I've had 6 coaches with slides. Never a problem with any of them unless I let the chassis batteries get low. (My fault once and learned the lesson)
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #25

We have no slides and we like it that way. More than enough space for us. If we could buy a newer coach with the quality of ours without slides, we would not hesitate to go for it. Unfortunately the newer Country Coaches all come with 4 slides.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Previous coach had zero slides, current coach as two. Much roomier and preferable for us with the slides.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #27

My currrent motorhome has slides, but I hate them and am wanting to trade for one with no slides said no one ever.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #28

Our Bounder has no slides but seems very adequate for two people. We have some good friends who just bought a brand new Tiffin Allegro and would have preferred it had zero slides instead of the 4 it came with. If you want to get to the back bathroom with the slide in, one must literally crawl over the bed. They asked the Tiffin folks if they would build them one w/o slides..wasn't happening..
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide