Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #15

Z Man got lots of talent! Nice looking equipment you have built!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Z Man got lots of talent! Nice looking equipment you have built!
Thanks. I appreciate that.

Now that I have gotten out of racing, I have built a 2011 Jeep Wrangler from the axles up and my wife and I enjoy that when we travel. Either flat-towing or along with the Harley Ultra Classic in the enclosed trailer. I do miss racing but I enjoy playing off-road in the Jeep and I think my wife enjoys it more than sitting at the dragstrip in the coach as well.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #17

I don't have any of the two together, but here is the coach at the track...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422486036.704630.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	84530

And here are a few of the car...

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422486080.130719.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	84531

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422486104.072506.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	84532

We have raced at a few of the tracks you listed when we were running Quick Rod several years back. Now, we stay pretty close, as I am out of town so much for work. We hit Farmington Dragway, Piedmont Dragway, and Rockingham (all in NC). We do go to the big events at Richmond and Bristol.

This year, we plan to race more as my son will be starting too. This is his car....

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422486354.527940.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	84533

Mike
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I don't have any of the two together, but here is the coach at the track...
Attachment 84530

And here are a few of the car...
Attachment 84531

Attachment 84532

We have raced at a few of the tracks you listed when we were running Quick Rod several years back. Now, we stay pretty close, as I am out of town so much for work. We hit Farmington Dragway, Piedmont Dragway, and Rockingham (all in NC). We do go to the big events at Richmond and Bristol.

This year, we plan to race more as my son will be starting too. This is his car....
Attachment 84533

Mike
Awesome. Nice looking rides.

Mike.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #19

Don't hate the home made Super C.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0043.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	84644   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0044.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	84645  

Name:	DSCN0046.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	84646   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0042.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	84647  

Name:	DSCN0052.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	84648  
Mr. Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #20

My buddy has me all paranoid about pulling my enclosed trailer saying the rear swing of the MOHO could crunch the corner of the MOHO. I haven't hooked up to see what it is going to do yet. Any insights? I need a bigger hitch for one thing, and possibly a hitch extender. Confused.
RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #21

Photos

I don't have any photos with the car; in fact I don't have any photos of the car on this computer.... 28' Classic with a 6' tongue, golf cart, and a 70 Mustang - plus a hoarders collection of parts and tools! pulled by a 99 Exec with an M-11. we haven't really pulled the car anywhere with the motor home yet - just here locally. Used a Ford PS with a CO Camper for years - We are much more comfortable at the track now!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5-10 023.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	84659   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-10 020.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	84660  

Kurt Averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #22
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINOPOWER1 View Post
My buddy has me all paranoid about pulling my enclosed trailer saying the rear swing of the MOHO could crunch the corner of the MOHO. I haven't hooked up to see what it is going to do yet. Any insights? I need a bigger hitch for one thing, and possibly a hitch extender. Confused.
More to it than that, what is the rear axle overhang of the Motor Home, How long it the trailer tongue/ Do you have experience pulling a trailer? Most problems occur when backing up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #23
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Averill View Post
I don't have any photos with the car; in fact I don't have any photos of the car on this computer.... 28' Classic with a 6' tongue, golf cart, and a 70 Mustang - plus a hoarders collection of parts and tools! pulled by a 99 Exec with an M-11. we haven't really pulled the car anywhere with the motor home yet - just here locally. Used a Ford PS with a CO Camper for years - We are much more comfortable at the track now!
It is amazing most people do not have a good picture of the MH, trailer and car, I don't either, but expect to fix that this summer (if it ever gets here).

It is also amazing what a difference it makes to have a comfortable place to retreat to at the track. To be able to stay over night at the track and be set up the next day before the gate opens for those that stayed at Motels.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
It is amazing most people do not have a good picture of the MH, trailer and car, I don't either, but expect to fix that this summer (if it ever gets here).

It is also amazing what a difference it makes to have a comfortable place to retreat to at the track. To be able to stay over night at the track and be set up the next day before the gate opens for those that stayed at Motels.

I know! We haven't been real good at the photo thing for the last few years.. If it wasn't for getting a smartphone I would have none at all. and - its hard to get it all in a photo at the track with how long we are and the pits full. Like you I am going to try harder this year... may have a different car in the photos too just to make it interesting. I stayed in motels years ago before we got the camper and that was a real pain - between worrying about the car and trailer and having to get rolling / check out early etc., now I get to say - honey, whats for breakfast!
Kurt Averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINOPOWER1 View Post
In addition to what Glenn commented on, most of us are using trailers that have been ordered with what is referred to as an "RV Tongue" by many trailer manufactures. It is merely an extended tongue to keep the coach and front of the trailer separated a little further to avoid such a crunch. Both of my enclosed trailers have had this and my first coach even though gas was sought after due to its longer wheelbase, which equated to better weight distribution and less rear overhang.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post

Quote:
I know! We haven't been real good at the photo thing for the last few years.. If it wasn't for getting a smartphone I would have none at all. and - its hard to get it all in a photo at the track with how long we are and the pits full. Like you I am going to try harder this year... may have a different car in the photos too just to make it interesting. I stayed in motels years ago before we got the camper and that was a real pain - between worrying about the car and trailer and having to get rolling / check out early etc., now I get to say - honey, whats for breakfast!
Agreed. I have always been real good about taking pictures of the coach, trailer and the toys, but never all in the same pictures.

I also agree about the retreat. Number one reason we went with coach vs. motels as well and then we got hooked and I can't seem to stay in a motel/hotel now if my life depended on it. Only way to travel whether vacationing or racing is looking through that big ole windshield and seeing the country.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Nice setup. Good lookin' rig.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
In addition to what Glenn commented on, most of us are using trailers that have been ordered with what is referred to as an "RV Tongue" by many trailer manufactures. It is merely an extended tongue to keep the coach and front of the trailer separated a little further to avoid such a crunch. Both of my enclosed trailers have had this and my first coach even though gas was sought after due to its longer wheelbase, which equated to better weight distribution and less rear overhang.

Mike.
Do you have a pic handy?
RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow