Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #71
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
If it has wheels we'll find a way to race it.
My old Eagle pulls my 26 Haulmark with my 96 Beretta-- S/Gas all over 18 plus races a year in NHRA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
BADASS looking car Chuck.

Mike.
Yes it is, mine is still stuck in the garage, although the snow has just started to melt!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #72

Glen your a crazy old man driving an FED, I just need the doors- but I know the trill even if it's for 8 or 9 seconds -- just can't give it up yet !
Lots of nice haulers on here !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #73
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Glen your a crazy old man driving an FED, I just need the doors- but I know the trill even if it's for 8 or 9 seconds -- just can't give it up yet !
Lots of nice haulers on here !
I accept the label of "crazy old man" with pride!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Yes it is, mine is still stuck in the garage, although the snow has just started to melt!
any history on this...
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:05 AM   #75

here's my old hanna body on a tuddle chassis... (CCE)
towed with the 22' jamboree..24' box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	269174_221567401213571_3261770_n.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	88845  
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #76
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
any history on this...

Here is the history from the time the first tube was laid.

2010 Front Engine Dragster | Lever Family Racing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #77

Quote:
Here is the history from the time the first tube was laid.

2010 Front Engine Dragster | Lever Family Racing
I've had quite a few oldies F.E.D.'s and we ran a AA/BAD rear engine digger div,7 early 80's...

the one above was alcohol , ran 780's but I never had time to race it so I used to local bracket race it..running 8:00's and a few super comp 8:90 races..

heres a restored Gilmore car I ran for awhile.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #78
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I've had quite a few oldies F.E.D.'s and we ran a AA/BAD rear engine digger div,7 early 80's...

the one above was alcohol , ran 780's but I never had time to race it so I used to local bracket race it..running 8:00's and a few super comp 8:90 races..

heres a restored Gilmore car I ran for awhile.
Interesting!

I run a series call NDRL (Nostalgia Drag Racing League) and run an 8.0 index. The dragster is Pontiac powered Blown Alcohol Mechanically Injected. I missed a race in the series but still was fourth in the Pro Comp class which encompass 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 9.5 and 10.0 classes, they run front engine dragsters and altered.

I built this dragster to look as if it came right out of the late 60's (including the paint job). Right down to the weed burner pipes. How many know what weed burner pipes mean?

Come out an race with us!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-18-2015, 11:08 PM   #79

Quote:
Interesting!

I run a series call NDRL (Nostalgia Drag Racing League) and run an 8.0 index. The dragster is Pontiac powered Blown Alcohol Mechanically Injected. I missed a race in the series but still was fourth in the Pro Comp class which encompass 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 9.5 and 10.0 classes, they run front engine dragsters and altered.

I built this dragster to look as if it came right out of the late 60's (including the paint job). Right down to the weed burner pipes. How many know what weed burner pipes mean?

Come out an race with us!

my first digger was a chute pack body, ran A fuel... was the old Keno gambler...

done racing... boating now... still run with scissors though
Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #80

Not a race car but this is what we will be pulling behind our new (to us) motorhome

jrork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrork View Post
Not a race car but this is what we will be pulling behind our new (to us) motorhome

Niiiiiccccccceeeee!!!!

I am not a boat fan, but the ones that go fast are pretty cool. I have built a couple of boat engines for clients and that is about as close to the water as I have gotten.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #82

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was going to answer the question in the thread header: FAR TOO MANY

but then I realized you are not alking about the Interstate ## or ### speedway.... You are talking about a licensed NASCAR type Race Track race car...

(Short story: One day Michigan State Police parked an aircraft, forget if fixed or roatary wing, over a portion of the Interstate 696 speedway in the Farmington Hills, NOVI area.. Before it had to return to base they wrote 85 tickets...Minimum speed to get an invite to a date with a judge 85MPH (Speed limit was either55 or 65 not sure_) Max Speed 105...

Two or three days later they came back with the OTHER type of aircraft,,, Same stats exactly..... Why do I think the guy doing 105 was the same guy? (And no,,, I did not see the tickets, process them,or run the speeder's license... I'm just guessing it was the same guy).
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Niiiiiccccccceeeee!!!!

I am not a boat fan, but the ones that go fast are pretty cool. I have built a couple of boat engines for clients and that is about as close to the water as I have gotten.

Mike.
Thanks Mike. Yah, we were into dragracing a bit when we were young and then about 20 years ago we got bit by the boat bug and it's been a fun time ever since. Good times!
jrork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #84

I have a 36 ft Crusie Air that I pull a 28 ft Vintage Trailer. Drag Racing around Ohio. I Will get a pic up as well when we hi5 the track in the next month or so!
Hunted Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow