Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #1

How many use water from pump and tank vs hose

On the last six week trip I switched to using water in the coach from the tank and pump. Solved two issues. Water flow / pressure better and consistent from the pump and many times flow is slow after reducing the pressure. Second, by using the water tank water it gets changed and does not taste bad and smell. We do have a full water system filter. I just fill up the tank every few days.

How many of you do this vs flow direct from hose? BTW we have a very good pump that is constant flow.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don't really like putting campsite well water in my tank, if I have a hookup, I use their water, keep mine in the tank. If thier water is really skanky I'll unhook it

Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When hooked up I use their water unless it's bad, when not hooked up I use the water in our tank. Been doing this since 1957 and I'm still here!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #4

we're so used to dry camping that we always travel with a full tank of water (70 gallons) ... when we get hookups 9 times out of 10 we only bother plugging in!

Steve
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I try to keep my 105 gallon tank at least full for use at stopovers and if the water is bad like in Yuma.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Use our tank all the time. DW doesn't know any better. We have friend who travels with us a couple times a year who prefers to bring a 7 gallon container. DOn't tell him I make the coffee with tank water.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #7

Before you hookup CG water smell and taste it or look at it in a glass. We always travel with a 1/2 tank just in case.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #8

I generally use the campground water. Carried just enough water to use toilet and water for dry stops. Tried to minimize the weight I was dragging around.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
Before you hookup CG water smell and taste it or look at it in a glass. We always travel with a 1/2 tank just in case.
Before you hook up that water hose let the water run on the ground for about 1 minute and THEN get that glass. Sometimes a site won't be used for months and the water is stagnant and rusty and nasty in the pipe from laying there. If you just hook up your hose and turn it on, all that nasty water goes into your system and you can get really sick. Learned that the hard way....

When I saw orange ice cubes and the DW was in the bathroom and couldn't come out I figured something was wrong....
Old 09-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #10

Before I start my 1100 mile jaunt to Fl., each year, I fill my tank with 90 gallons of good old deep well Pa. water. Last year there were several times the campground water was out of service. Not a problem when you have your fresh water tank topped off Throw the pump switch on and, bingo, you have all the water you need until water service is restored. There's also the convenience of being able to shower etc. at overnight rest stops i.e. fuel depots, Wal Mart, rest areas
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Use the pump and tank only then fill when cg has good water.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
When hooked up I use their water unless it's bad, when not hooked up I use the water in our tank.
Ditto.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Summers the two parks I visit are both on pumps.. I use park water and no pressure regulator because they are well regulated.

Winters I'm on "City" water and I have to use a regulator, this limits water flow even though it is a very good (Sur-Flo) regualtor but what's worse they over chlorinate.

So I fill the tank, and let the chlorine evaporate off (Even 30 minutes is enough) and use the pump.. Works great.. PLUS, (Side advantage) the heated tank does not freeze at temps above 20 degrees, the outside hose.... Does not either due to the rope lights duct taped to it.. But the park's water pipes.. DO.. This does not bother me.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa View Post
I generally use the campground water. Carried just enough water to use toilet and water for dry stops. Tried to minimize the weight I was dragging around.
Me too.

BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water